Arsenal manager Wenger dances for joy after semi-final entryApril 16th, 2009 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.16 (ANI): Arsene Wenger danced for joy last night as Arsenal booked a Champions League semi-final with old foe Manchester United.
The Sun quoted the Gunners chief as saying: “Manchester United is a test, but it is a challenge we relish and we are excited about it.”
Wenger strutted his stuff after Emmanuel Adebayor had put his side two-up as Villarreal were swept aside. Theo Walcott gave Arsenal the lead and Robin van Persie polished off the 10-man visitors - who had Sebastian Eguren sent off - from the spot.
Wenger now believes his young Gunns have the upper hand against United, as they play the all-important second leg at home on May 5 - just 11 days before the teams meet in the Premier League.
He added: “It depends on the result of the first game. I think if we have to finish the game off it’s a little advantage to play the second leg at home.
“I believe Manchester United v Arsenal games are always very exciting. Both teams like to go forward and so it will be a promising semi-final. We’re up for the challenge. It will be very interesting,” he said. (ANI)
- Arsenal thrash Spurs to reclaim EPL fourth spot - Feb 26, 2012
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Arsenal bent on wrecking Man U's unbeaten run: Walcott - Dec 10, 2010
- Ronaldo the hero as Manchester United set up Arsenal date - Apr 16, 2009
- Fighting Arsenal bow out of Champions League - Mar 07, 2012
- Adebayor assures of good gestures for Man City-Arsenal clash - Apr 24, 2010
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
- Arsenal will win Premier League this season: Walcott - Apr 02, 2011
- Walcott can be injury hit Arsenal's match-winner against Barcelona at Nou Camp: Wenger - Apr 01, 2010
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Messi admits Barcelona 'terrified' of Walcott's pace ahead of Champions League clash - Feb 15, 2011
- Dalglish told Wenger to 'p*** off' - Apr 18, 2011
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Wenger takes dig at Nani's 'intelligence' for writing off Arsenal's championship chances - Dec 24, 2010