Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: WengerApril 24th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 24(ANI): Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has denied that the club might be accepting summer bids for captain Cesc Fabregas and midfielder Jack Wilshere.
Wenger’s comment comes after it was reported that the club might be prepared to accept a 50 million pounds bid from Barcelona for Fabregas.
Recent reports have also suggested that Wilshere is being courted by a number of top clubs, including Manchester City.
“Why should we sell Cesc? It is difficult to know what silly money clubs might offer, but we have built this team around Cesc and Jack Wilshere and we will keep doing that,” the Daily Express quoted Wenger, as saying.
He also revealed that negotiations are likely to be concluded in the summer to keep Samir Nasri, Robin van Persie and Gael Clichy.
“We are talking to Nasri and his agent, and we have the same situation with Clichy,” Wenger said. (ANI)
- Barca coach Guardiola admits defeat in luring Gunners skipper Fabregas - Feb 22, 2011
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Former Arsenal player asks Fabregas not to repeat his mistake of Braca move - May 25, 2010
- Mourinho to personally convince Fabregas to join Real Madrid - Dec 31, 2010
- Nasri is the new Thierry Henry: Wenger - Dec 08, 2010
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Fabregas expected to play against Barcelona - Mar 07, 2011
- Fabregas hints at staying at Arsenal - Feb 18, 2011
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: 50 million pounds, arsenal manager arsene wenger, barcelona, cesc fabregas, daily express, gael, london, manager arsene wenger, manchester city, midfielder, money, negotiations, robin van persie, top clubs