Arsenal expect Arshavin in training by July 21July 5th, 2012 - 5:39 am ICT by IANS
London, July 4 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Arsenal expect midfielder Andrei Arshavin to return to the English football club by July 21.
The 31-year-old midfielder spent the second half of last season on loan at Russian side Zenit St. Petersburg after failing to hold down a first-team place at the Emirates.
He helped Zenit take a second-successive Russian Premier League title, but didn’t do enough to convince Zenit to make the move permanent and will return to the Gunners, where his contract expires a year from now.
“Andrei will be coming back to us but no date has been confirmed as yet,” a spokesperson told R-Sport Wednesday.
“All players will be returning at some point between July 9 and 21,” depending on commitments with various national teams, the spokesperson said.
Arshavin had an average showing at Euro 2012, where his country crashed out in the group stage with a shock defeat to Greece.
He has 74 caps for Russia and has scored 17 international goals.
- Arshavin sorry for Russia's Euro 2012 showing - Jun 21, 2012
- Zenit mulling Arshavin bid: Coach - Jul 20, 2012
- CSKA coach leaps to Arshavin's defence - Jun 29, 2012
- Russia should respect fans more, says captain Arshavin - Jun 22, 2012
- Arshavin out of Arsenal's Champions League squad - Sep 18, 2012
- Arshavin visits St.Petersburg, sparks speculation - Aug 19, 2012
- Pogrebnyak agrees contract with Reading - Jun 30, 2012
- Arshavin's creativity outweighs low stamina: Russia coach - Jun 16, 2012
- Reading completes Pogrebnyak signing - Jul 07, 2012
- Hulk and Witsel cost 40 millon euros each: Zenit - Sep 07, 2012
- 'Russia can survive without Arshavin' - May 29, 2012
- Russia showing dangerous cohesion: Arshavin - Jun 11, 2012
- Non-playing Arshavin out of Russia plans - Sep 08, 2012
- Dzyuba to miss World Cup qualifiers - Sep 05, 2012
- Arsenal send Arshavin to St. Petersburg on loan - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,