Arsenal agree 12.8m pound deal for GiroudJune 19th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 19 (IANS) English club Arsenal have reportedly agreed to sign highly rated French forward Olivier Giroud on a deal worth 12.8 million pounds from French champions Montpellier.
Giroud, who has two years remaining on his Montpellier contract, has agreed a 45,000 pounds-a-week four-year deal, which will almost treble his current wages of around 15,000 pounds-a-week, reports Daily Mail.
The 25-year-old, who is currently playing for the national squad at the Euro 2012 is expected to confirm the deal once the tournament ends.
Giroud, who scored 21 goals in Montpellier’s league triumph to end the campaign as France’s equally leading scorer with PSG’s Nene, is viewed as an replacement for out of favour Marouane Chamakh.
This will be the London’s club second signing after agreeing a deal with former Cologne striker Lukas Podolski. Arsenal are also trying to secure a three-year contract extension for their captain Robin van Persie.
Van Persie’s representatives have held two rounds of talks with Arsenal, when the 28-year-old said he was not ready to sign new terms.
- French striker Olivier Giroud joins Arsenal - Jun 26, 2012
- Bookies favour Manchester City to win EPL - Aug 17, 2012
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- Cologne agree to Arsenal's offer for Podolski - Mar 08, 2012
- Podolski plays down Arsenal move - Mar 11, 2012
- Arsenal signs Bordeaux ace Chamakh for 10.4 million pounds - Feb 13, 2010
- Van Persie to make United debut Monday: Ferguson - Aug 16, 2012
- Brazil winger Lucas joins PSG for 43 million euros - Aug 09, 2012
- Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi - Jul 13, 2012
- Carlton Cole tops Arsenal's wanted list - Mar 28, 2010
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Van Persie rejected offers from Chelsea, Man City - Feb 14, 2010
- Bundesliga side Cologne sign Bochum striker Jong Tae-Se - Jan 31, 2012
- Arsenal ready to pay eight million pounds for Bordeaux ace Chamakh - Aug 11, 2009