Arrested cricketer won’t play for RCB, says MallyaMay 18th, 2012 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) owner Vijay Mallya Friday said that arrested cricketer Luke Pomersbach will not play for his team in the Indian Premier League (IPL) after being charged for molesting an American woman.
“We regret the incident that has happened. He will not play for us in the IPL. We will fully cooperate in the investigation,” said Mallya outside parliament.
Pomersbach has been accused of misbehaving with an American woman during a party at a five-star hotel here following Royal Challengers’ away match against Delhi Daredevils in the IPL Thursday.
Team mentor Anil Kumble said the franchise was planning an internal inquiry into the incident.
“It is a very serious thing to have happened and we will certainly look into it. We are planning an internal inquiry into the matter,” said Kumble.
“It is an unfortunate incident. It is disappointing. RCB will certainly not play Luke henceforth and we will cooperate with those who are investigating the incident,” he added.
Pomersbach, who earlier represented Kings XI Punjab in the IPL, has not played a single game for the Royal Challengers this season.
- Siddharth Mallya questions victim's character, losses cool - May 18, 2012
- Pomersbach's lawyer denies he has confessed (Second Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2012
- IPL player in custody for molestation (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Australian IPL player arrested for molesting woman, claims innocence (Third Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Double whammy hits IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Double trouble for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Second Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- Double blow for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Victim's fiancee backs her version - May 20, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Peerzada discharged from hospital - May 21, 2012
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- IPL player arrested for molesting American woman (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- American woman goes to Delhi women's panel against Mallya - May 19, 2012
- RCB owner Sidhartha Mallya gets legal notice for tweets - May 19, 2012
Tags: american woman, Anil Kumble, challengers, daredevils, franchise, game, internal inquiry, ipl, mallya, misbehaving, New Delhi, parliament, premier league, rcb, serious thing, star hotel, team mentor, unfortunate incident