Armstrong takes Olympic time trial gold for USAugust 1st, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) American rider Kristin Armstrong charged to victory in the women’s Olympic cycling time trial event here Wednesday.
Silver went to Germany’s Judith Arndt, who was 15 seconds slower than Armstrong.
Russian rider Olga Zabelinskaya was 22 seconds off the winning time as she won her second bronze medal of the Olympics after coming third in the road race Sunday.
New Zealand’s Linda Melanie Villumsen had been within five seconds of Armstrong’s time at 20.4 km distance, but faded badly in the last eight km and finished fourth, losing out to Zabelinskaya by less than two seconds.
- Olympics: Germany's Brendel paddles to canoe gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Britain's Brownlee slogs to triathlon gold - Aug 07, 2012
- Schmitt wins women's 200m freestyle - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic rowing: New Zealand's Drysdale takes single sculls gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Van Rijsselberge surfs to sailing Gold - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic rowing: Germans row to quadruple sculls gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Franklin sinks world record to clinch 200m backstroke gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: Dutch cyclist Voss wins women's road race - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: German duo stroke to canoe gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Jiao wins 200m butterfly for China - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Zhe wins parallel bars gold for China - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Clary shocks Lochte for 200m backstroke gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Australia paddle to kayak four gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Record-breaker Lu lifts gold - Aug 02, 2012