Armaan hopeful of improved show at Spa round of F2 seasonJune 23rd, 2011 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium), June 23 (IANS) After a disappointing weekend at Magny-Cours last month, Armaan Ebrahim is hoping to get his Formula 2 (F2) championship campaign back on track as he prepares for the fifth and sixth rounds of the series to be run here over the weekend.
With just six points in his kitty after four rounds, Armaan, sponsored by JK Tyre, Amaron and Trimex, said he was in good shape to renew his assault on the championship that enters a busy phase with back-to-back races at Spa and Nurburgring, Germany (July 2-3).
Earlier this month, Armaan had a test session at Snetterton when he ran much of the four outings with a configuration to conform to the track conditions at the famous Belgian circuit, one of the five current Formula 1 venues added to the F2 series this season.
“After a decent start to my campaign at Silverstone, I had a disappointing outing at Magny-Cours during the third and fourth rounds.
“I want to put all that behind me and focus on gaining some points at Spa. During the test at Snetterton this month, we opted to run on old tyres and with a low down-force as part of our preparations for the Spa rounds.
“It will be my second outing at Spa since 2009 and I am quite excited to be racing at this World famous track,” said Armaan.
The Spa weekend opens with two free practice sessions Friday, followed by two qualifying rounds and the two races over the following two days.
“We had a long break after Magny-Cours and I just can’t wait to get back to racing. I spent the free time between races working hard on my fitness and I am hoping to deliver a strong result at Spa,” added Armaan.
- Armaan disappoints at Magny-Cours race - May 16, 2011
- Armaan misses out on points at Spa rounds of F2 - Jun 27, 2011
- India's Armaan seventh at Formula 2 in Silverstone - Apr 18, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Armaan on pace at Magny-Cours - May 12, 2011
- Armaan hoping for a turnaround with Brands Hatch F2 race - Jul 21, 2011
- Armaan disappoints in rounds 7 and 8 of Formula 2 - Jul 04, 2011
- Armaan hopeful of points finish in Formula 2 championship - Aug 25, 2011
- Armaan finishes sixth at Brands Hatch - Jul 24, 2011
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Armaan picks up two points at Brands - Jul 24, 2011
- Armaan in UK for Formula 2 pre-season testing - Mar 21, 2011
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Chandhok eighth fastest in World Endurance qualifier - May 05, 2012
- Armaan signs for GT1 championship - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: amaron, ebrahim, formula 1, free practice sessions, free time, good shape, hopeful, jk tyre, june 23, long break, nurburgring germany, silverstone, six points, snetterton, spa francorchamps, spa weekend, test session, trimex, tyre, tyres