Argentina, South Korea progress to Round of 16June 23rd, 2010 - 3:26 am ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, June 23 (DPA) Argentina and South Korea progressed to the knock-out stages of the World Cup by clinching first and second place of Group B ahead of Greece and Nigeria.
Argentina easily won 2-0 against Greece despite resting several of their key players in Polokwane, while South Korea drew with Nigeria 2-2 in Durban in Tuesday’s Group B action.
Diego Maradona’s boys earned a maximum nine points from three games and now meet Group A runners-up Mexico in their Round of 16 match Sunday. South Korea take on Group A winners Uruguay Saturday.
- Uruguay beat Mexico 1-0, both go through (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Greece beat Nigeria for first ever World Cup win - Jun 17, 2010
- Nigeria is first African team to arrive for World Cup - Jun 02, 2010
- Greece sniff chance as Argentina ring changes - Jun 21, 2010
- Uruguay beat Mexico 1-0, both qualify for knockout stage (Second lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Argentina down Greece 2-0, top Group B (Lead) - Jun 23, 2010
- Mexico beat France, 2006 runners-up close to elimination - Jun 18, 2010
- Bullish Argentina confident of victory over South Korea - Jun 16, 2010
- South Korea draw with Nigeria to advance to last 16 (Lead) - Jun 23, 2010
- Maradona and Greece: From drugs nightmare to World Cup dream - Jun 20, 2010
- It's all or nothing for Nigeria, South Korea - Jun 21, 2010
- South Korea come back for draw, book spot in last 16 - Jun 23, 2010
- Argentina down Greece 2-0, top Group B - Jun 23, 2010
- World Cup knockout round results and fixtures - Jun 30, 2010
- Messi set to captain Argentina against Greece - Jun 22, 2010