Archery coach Soumen Das deadNovember 11th, 2008 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 11 (IANS) Soumen Das, a well known Sports Authority of India (SAI) archery coach, died last Saturday after prolonged illness. Das, 45, leaves behind his wife Falguni Das, a former India archer, and a nine-year-old daughter Barsha Das.
Popularly known as Bhola, Das served as SAI coach both in Delhi and Kolkata and trained and accompanied the Indian team on tours from mid-1980s till the end of 1990s.
He had coached archers like Dola Banerjee and Limba Ram during his stint with the Indian team.
SAI Regional Director V.V.S.N. Rao, and Secretary General, Archery Association of India Paresh Nath Mukherjee condoled Das’s death.
- Archery secretary-general wants to quit, blames failure on 'media hype' - Aug 06, 2012
- Archers should have trained in Pune, not Kolkata: Coach - Oct 10, 2010
- Olympics archery: No excuse to offer, say coaches - Aug 05, 2012
- Limba hopes Padma Shri will popularise Indian archery - Jan 25, 2012
- Eight-member Indian recurve archery squad for World Cup - May 17, 2010
- India to send 16 archers for first Asian Grand Prix - Jan 26, 2010
- Women archers look for Olympic medal, men a berth - Apr 09, 2012
- South Korea the team to beat at Olympics: Rahul Banerjee - Jul 14, 2012
- Dola to spearhead India's archery challenge in Commonwealth Games - Aug 23, 2010
- Archers, badminton players exude confidence at send-off - Jul 15, 2012
- Tribal archers target Commonwealth Games (Feature with image) - Nov 29, 2009
- No room for Korean coaches, setback for Indian archery - Apr 08, 2009
- Archery coach dies in road accident - Oct 24, 2010
- Chekrovolu, Jayalakshmi make the cut for World Cup - Apr 12, 2009
- Archers confident of rich medals haul in Games - Sep 10, 2010