Archer Talukdar sixth in World Cup FITA roundJune 25th, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 25 (IANS) Indian archer Jayanta Talukdar finished sixth overall collecting 663 points in the FITA classification round of the fourth Meteksan World Cup at Boe, France. The Tata Steel Plant archer has been drawn to play South African Calvin Hartley, who finished 59th in the FITA classification, in the opening round.
Rahul Banerjee accumulated 654 points to finish second among the Indians with a FITA rank 18 Tuesday.
Banerjee will now take on Jantsan Gantugs (rank 47th) of Mongolia for a place in the second round.
Waikhom Ranjan Singh of Services secured the 34th spot with a score of 643 and would now clash against Porec leg champion Romain Girouille. The Frenchman, who is second overall in the race for the World Cup final in Lausanne in September, had a bad day to finish 31st.
The fourth Indian, Priyank, finished 70th to bow out of the individual competition.
Only top 64 qualify for the individual Olympic knockout format.
The Indian team - comprising Talukdar, Banerjee and Priyank - totalled 1944 points to rank eighth overall. The Indians would face ninth-ranked USA in the first round of the team championship
- World Cup Stage I archery: Indians put up a modest show - May 04, 2011
- Archery: Indian men a big let down on opening day (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Talukdar misses World Cup final berth by a whisker - Jun 26, 2008
- Olympics: Deepika's show only silver lining for Indian archery (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: India men bow out, Deepika now lone hope (Archery Intro Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- World archery: Indian men finish 10th, meet China in round I - Jul 05, 2011
- Indian archers off the mark at Lord's - Jul 27, 2012
- Archery World Cup Stage II: Deepika Kumari lifts Indian team to 2nd place - Jun 08, 2011
- World Cup archery: Indian men settle for silver - May 08, 2011
- Olympics archery: Rahul, Jayanta, Swuro bow out (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic archery: Banerjee shoots a rare win for India (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: End of road for Indian men (Archery Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Indian archers ranked 3rd for Olympic qualifier - Jun 20, 2012
- Dismal show by Indian recurve archers - May 05, 2011
- Disappointing show by Indian archers in individual category - Aug 07, 2009