Anti-doping agency executive to meet in MayApril 25th, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) The executive committee of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) will meet May 10-11 in Montreal, Canada, to take stock of the anti-doping preparation for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In the meeting, the WADA executive would update various governments of the world and the Olympic Movement on the anti-doping preparations for this year’s Beijing Olympic in August and Paralympic Games in September.
Ratifications by individual countries of the UNESCO International Convention against doping in sport will also be discussed.
The latest progress of anti-doping organisations in their implementation of the Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS), current issues in relation to recent doping cases and investigations, and WADA’s 2009 draft budget are the other agendas would also be taken up for discussion.
- Dope cheats must withdraw from Olympics: WADA - Jul 11, 2012
- London 2012 anti-doping laboratory receives seal of approval - Apr 24, 2012
- New test detects growth hormone doping - Sep 17, 2012
- Pound's drug remark about Jamaican athletes rubbished - Aug 15, 2012
- Cuba's Olympic athletes declared free of doping - Jul 12, 2012
- BOA recommends changes to world anti-doping code - Apr 12, 2012
- Sports bill: Contentious whereabouts clause removed - Oct 17, 2011
- Jamaica defends its anti-doping programme - Aug 18, 2012
- High court's interim relief for banned quarter-milers - Mar 30, 2012
- Sports ministry to formulate National Sports Development law - Feb 01, 2011
- Robust doping control programme in place for Delhi 2010 - Sep 03, 2010
- Avoid meat before Olympics, China tells its athletes - Mar 15, 2012
- Cleaners to report drug abuse in London Olympic Village - Oct 04, 2011
- IOC hears of positive doping tests ahead of Games - Feb 11, 2010
- Over 100 athletes got London doping bans: WADA - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: 2008 beijing olympics, agendas, current issues, doping in sport, draft budget, executive committee, governments of the world, investigations, management system, montreal canada, New Delhi, olympic movement, olympics, organisations, paralympic games, ratifications, unesco, unesco international, wada, world anti doping agency