Angry and rejected ex-Oz pace bowler Tait says may take a trip to GreeceMay 15th, 2009 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide (Australia), May 15 (ANI): An irate former Australian pace bowler Shaun Tait lashed out at Cricket Australia on Friday for ruining his Indian Premier League dream and then denying him a national contract which he labelled a “kick in the teeth”.
In an explosive media session in Adelaide, Tait criticized national chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch for “sugar coating” his contract snub and threatened to take a trip to Greek Islands rather than pursue futile preparation for Australia’s one-day series against England in September.
Tait believes he was fit enough to play for Shane Warne’s Rajasthan Royals after recovering from a four-month fight against hamstring tendonitis and could have fronted for Australia’s World Twenty20 campaign.
However CA physio Alex Kountouris and doctor Trefor James ruled Tait was not fit enough to play in the IPL - costing the super slinger 500,000 dollars.
“I am pretty ready to go. If I was to play cricket tomorrow I could wheel myself out. To not let you go, not pick you in a squad then not give you a contract is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I can take a breath, and it gives me some options to explore other options in the cricket world,” the Courier Mail quoted Tait, as saying.
A disheartened Tait said that he would pursue county cricket in England, but was not optimistic about a one-day recall against England in September.
“It is pretty for Cricket Australia to say get ready for a tournament when they haven’t given you a contract. I can quite easily duck off to the Greek Islands if I want to but I will keep myself bowling, fit and something comes up that would be good,” Tait said. (ANI)
- Tait slams CA for losing central contract - May 16, 2009
- Hauritz doubtful for England series, World Cup - Jan 22, 2011
- Hip injury to Steven Smith sours Australia's record chase - Feb 03, 2011
- Physio expects Ponting to be fit for World Cup - Jan 29, 2011
- No room for both Tait and Lee in Oz WC squad - Jan 14, 2011
- Ponting using Tait in short bursts the key to bowler's success - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Tearaway' Tait to focus only on T20 to prolong career - Jan 09, 2010
- Oz pacer Harris undergoes revolutionary knee treatment to revive Ashes hopes - Oct 19, 2010
- Ex-Oz keeper Manou retires from first class cricket - Mar 12, 2011
- Woakes thrilled with match-winning debut knock - Jan 13, 2011
- Ponting certain to play in Boxing Day Test: Langer - Dec 21, 2010
- Watson needs another week to recover fully - Feb 11, 2012
- Rebuilding career, Test spot my ultimate goal: David Hussey - Apr 28, 2010
- Tait retires from ODIs to focus on T20 career - Mar 28, 2011
- Snubbed Tait looking at other options - May 16, 2009
Tags: adelaide australia, county cricket, courier mail, cricket australia, cricket world, greek islands, hilditch, ipl, kick in the teeth, league dream, media session, national chairman, national contract, shane warne, shaun tait, slinger, snub, sugar coating, trefor, world twenty20