Angels Wins Against Red Sox for Three Home Runs of Torii HunterOctober 9th, 2009 - 6:25 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
Anaheim, Calif., October 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In the playoff opener of Thursday, Angels recorded a victory upon the Boston Red Sox by scoring 5-0 in American League Division Series game one. In fifth inning, Torii Hunter scored three home runs which played a great role in deciding the result of the match.
The team of Boston Red Sox is quite strong and Angels had to play really well for registering the victory. Red Sox won all the matches in their previous three division series games. This included the first game of the previous season which had the same venue.
Jon Lester, the pitcher for the team of Red Sox had played well and allowed one hit but no points from the beginning. However, he had to finish with the three runs that were scored in the sixth innings of the match. Lester said that it was not amongst the best innings played by him. His performance also revealed that he could not give his best in the match.
Angels Pitcher, John Lackey did not lose his edge even once in the entire match. Though the team Red Sox had an extremely strong line up but they could manage only four hits in seven innings. The defeat in the match against Angels made Red Sox to face an unexpected situation. They will have to play well in Game 2 if they want to get back the reputation that they had in the previous season. The defense of the team should be strengthened if they want to win the coming matches. Both the teams have more games coming and it is expected that they would play well.
- C B Bucknor Misses Three Calls In Red Sox Vs Angels Match - Oct 09, 2009
- Josh Beckett Disappoints In Red Sox Vs Angels Game 2 - Oct 10, 2009
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Jeff Mathis' Double Helps Angel Win - Oct 20, 2009
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Kendry Morales Brings Win For Angels, Breaks Left Leg - May 30, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010
- Rodriguez's Homer Steers Yankees To Victory - Oct 18, 2009
- Mike Cameron In Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 16, 2009
Tags: anaheim calif, angels, boston red sox, division series, entire match, fifth inning, first game, game one, home runs, john lackey, jon lester, kar, meena, reputation, series game, series games, torii hunter, unexpected situation, venue, victory