Anelka kicked out of French team over insult: ReportsJune 19th, 2010 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Knysna (South Africa), June 19 (DPA) Nicolas Anelka did not take part in Saturday training with the French World Cup squad amid reports that he has been kicked out of the team and sent home.
Citing the French football federation, news reports said that Chelsea forward Anelka, 31, was expelled for insulting coach Raymond Domenech during half-time of Thursday’s 0-2 defeat against Mexico.
Canal Plus television in France said that Anelka will return home Sunday and will have to appear before a federation disciplinary body.
- Anelka sent home after dressing-room outburst against coach - Jun 20, 2010
- French woes escalate as players boycott training - Jun 20, 2010
- Mexico and Uruguay poised to advance from Group A - Jun 21, 2010
- Thierry Henry 'cleared' of role in World Cup revolt? - Jun 25, 2010
- French players are imbeciles, says coach Domenech - Jun 22, 2010
- New France coach suspends World Cup side for Norway friendly - Jul 23, 2010
- French football federation head resigns after World Cup fiasco - Jun 28, 2010
- France coach Blanc to suspends entire World Cup squad - Jul 23, 2010
- France putting past behind them (Group A team profile) - May 26, 2010
- Anelka brands fellow French countrymen as racists - Dec 07, 2010
- Scolari tells French they deserve to go out - Jun 22, 2010
- South Africa salvage pride with 2-1 over France; both exit (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Sarkozy wants French football fiasco to lead to changes - Jun 21, 2010
- Zidane criticises French players for not playing as a team - Jun 14, 2010
- France coach Laurent Blanc resigns - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: canal plus television, chelsea, coach, disciplinary body, dpa, federation news, french football federation, french team, french world, insult, mexico, news reports, nicolas anelka, raymond domenech, south africa, world cup squad