Andy Roddick Beats Rajeev Ram, Advances To Wimbledon Second RoundJune 22nd, 2010 - 6:43 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
London, June 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) American player Rajeev Ram was defeated by three-time Wimbledon runner-up Andy Roddick by 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 at the Court One of the All England Club on Monday. With the victory, Andy Roddick cruised into the second round of the Wimbledon which enabled him to move a step forward in realizing his dream of winning the title for the first time in his career.
The 93rd ranked Rajeev Ram could not do much as his compatriot Andy Roddick seemed to be in control of the game since the very beginning. The fifth seeded player delivered a spectacular passing shot catching the eye in the second game which allowed to dominate his opponent from the start. At the same time, Andy Roddick also displayed some dynamic play that enabled him to smoothly register the first set while a routine victory since then did not seem to be an uphill task for him.
However, Rajeev Ram did showcase some resistance in the third set but was not able to dominate his opponent as he again suffered a setback in the subsequent sets. Victory was not far fetched for the three-time Wimbledon runner-up who sealed his win with a signature ace.
Andy Roddick is expected to give his best shot in this year’s Wimbledon after the rather disappointing defeat that he had to suffer at the hands of Roger Federer in the finals of the tournament last year. Meanwhile, Andy Roddick who would face French player Michael Llodra in the next game, is scheduled to meet Roger Federer in the semi-finals of this year’s tournament.
- Djokovic wins Rogers Cup, eyes US Open - Aug 13, 2012
- US Open: Top four men cruise into semis - Sep 10, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- Roundup: Berdych stuns Federer out of US Open - Sep 06, 2012
- Federer loses to Berdych, seventh Wimbledon title hopes evaporate (Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Roddick to retire after US Open - Aug 31, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Federer moves into third round - Jul 30, 2012
- Williams leads women's seeds on Wimbledon opening day - Jun 22, 2010
- Olympic tennis: Federer plays Murray in repeat of Wimbledon final (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Nadal completes career Grand Slam with US Open victory (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- World Tour Finals: Nadal wins three-hour battle with Fish - Nov 21, 2011
- Roddick advances to Wimbledon third round - Jun 23, 2010
- Back to the future for Roddick; Hewitt crashes out - Jul 23, 2010
- Roddick enters Atlanta final, to face Muller - Jul 22, 2012
- Stosur breaks Australia's heart (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: ace, andy roddick, compatriot, england club, french player, gina gomez, michael llodra, opponent, rajeev ram, resistance, roger federer, second game, seeded player, semi finals, setback, showcase, uphill task, victory, wimbledon, winning the title