Andre Dirrell Registers Win Against Arthur AbrahamMarch 28th, 2010 - 6:39 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Detroit, Mar 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Much acclaimed American boxer Andre Dirrell registered victory against Arthur Abraham in the Super Six boxing tournament on Saturday, on a disqualification in the 11th round. The bout which took place at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit turned out to be a highly entertaining experience for the large number of crowds present at the venue, with its rather interesting twists and turns.
The stunning performance displayed by the 26 year old American boxer kept all his fans asking for more. He seemed in control of the fight almost throughout the bout. Andre Dirrell was almost completely dominating the fight when the German star Arthur Abraham delivered a blow to his chin which resulted in the American boxer sinking down in the corner. This was followed by the 30 year old Armenian born German boxer hitting his opponent while he was sitting on the canvas, due to which Andre Dirrell was not able to continue with the fight. This resulted in the American fighter being declared the winner as he was well ahead his opponent when the bout reached its conclusion, as Arthur Abraham committed the intentional foul during one minute thirteen seconds of the 11th round.
After the fight, Andre Dirrell was immediately rushed to a medical facility after he was declared the winner of the second stage of the Super Six middleweight boxing championship. The American boxer seemed to be rather unsettled and perplexed even after emerging as the winner. Meanwhile, the defeat suffered by Arthur Abraham surely must have been hard to digest for the German boxer as this was his first defeat in 31 career fights.
- Andre Ward Registers Win Against Allan Green, Advances To Super Six - Jun 20, 2010
- Indian boxers look to make a mark at the grandest stage (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Carl Froch Ruben admits to prolonging a title fight - Feb 20, 2012
- UFC 126 Fight Card Results Announced - Feb 06, 2011
- Saul Alvarez Defeats Lovemore Ndou - Dec 05, 2010
- Former world boxing champion Wright retires - Jun 06, 2012
- Vikas Krishan loses a bout he won five hours earlier (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic boxing: India's Vijender in 75 kg quarterfinal (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Vikas enters final of Olympic boxing test event, Dinesh claims bronze - Nov 27, 2011
- Timothy Bradley Defeats Devon Alexander, Wins With Unanimous Technical Decision - Jan 30, 2011
- Olympic boxing: Mary Kom secures historic bronze (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Manpreet in quarters of Olympic qualifying event - Apr 06, 2012
- Samota, Thapa win gold at Belgrade boxing event - Apr 24, 2011
- CAS rejects India's appeal on Vikas Krishan - Aug 06, 2012
- Nonito Donaire Thrashes Wladimir Sidorenko On World Boxing Association Bantamweight - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: american boxer, andre dirrell, arthur abraham, canvas, conclusion, crowds, german boxer, german star, gina gomez, joe louis, joe louis arena, medical facility, middleweight, opponent, registers, second stage, stunning performance, twists, venue, victory