Andhra announces Rs.50 lakh cash award for GaganJuly 31st, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 31 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh government Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs.50 lakh for ace shooter Gagan Narang, who bagged a bronze medal at the London Olympics.
Narang Monday won the men’s 10 meter air rifle event, giving India its first medal at the London Olympics.
Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy announced the cash award for Narang when his parents called on him at the state secretariat.
The chief minister congratulated Bhimsen Narang and Amarjit Narang on their son keeping the Indian flag flying high. He hoped that the shooter would win more events at the Olympics and bring further laurels to the country.
The 29-year-old Gagan became the first Hyderabadi to win an Olympic medal. He is also only the second athlete from Andhra Pradesh to bag an Olympic medal.
Weightlifter Karnam Malleswari from Srikakulam district had won a bronze at the Sydney Olympics.
- Andhra celebrates second bronze medal at Olympics - Aug 04, 2012
- Andhra governor congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic badminton: Saina brings India third medal (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Mary Kom ensures best medal haul for India (India Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Olympics: Mary Kom ensures best medal haul for India (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- You make us proud: Sachin lavishes praise on Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- PM congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Superb Saina wins India's third medal at London Olympics (India Round-up) - Aug 04, 2012
- Low-key welcome in Hyderabad for champion shuttlers - Oct 16, 2010
- Gagan's father says more to come - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Saina wins India's third medal, Paes-Sania out (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 05, 2012
- The best Olympics for India (Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- Laxman, Narang, Sushil conferred Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: air rifle, andhra pradesh government, bronze medal, chief minister, gagan, hyderabad, hyderabadi, indian flag, kiran kumar, lakh, laurels, london olympics, malleswari, narang, olympic medal, olympics, secretariat, shooter, state secretariat, sydney olympics