Anderson will be fit for Ashes opener: FlowerOctober 26th, 2010 - 12:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 26(ANI): England coach Andy Flower has said that fast bowler James Anderson is winning his battle to be fit for next month’s opening Ashes Test against Australia.
Anderson cracked a rib during a boxing session with team-mates at England’s recent training camp in Germany.
“He’s already bowling at 75per cent, so he should be fine for the first Test,” the BBC quoted Flower, as saying.
“More than likely he’ll be OK for two of the warm-up games,” he added.
Flower also insisted that the controversial camp was ‘a very healthy experience’ for the team.
“It was an excellent camp, actually, and I think the players and management that were involved in it did things that they might never have done before in their lives and might never do again,” Flower said.
England’s first tour match against Western Australia comes up on November 5 before matches against South Australia five days later and Australia A on November 16.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney. (ANI)
- Flower bans England WAGs for first two Ashes Tests - Oct 26, 2010
- Flower expects 'special one' Pietersen to 'stand-out' on England's tour to Australia - Oct 27, 2010
- Anderson expected to be fit for Ashes showdown despite rib fracture: ECB - Oct 16, 2010
- Strauss, Flower plan secret camp in Europe to finalize Ashes squad - Sep 14, 2010
- England to shield bowlers before first Ashes Test - Oct 29, 2010
- Best chance for England to end Ashes win drought in Oz in two decades: Gatting - Oct 28, 2010
- Ponting reminds England not to 'forget packing the urn' in Ashes message on Big Ben! - Oct 28, 2010
- 'England team to take on Ashes challenge together' says Prior - Oct 25, 2010
- Gilchrist says England favourites but not guaranteed the Ashes - Nov 17, 2010
- Strauss expects 'outstanding player' Pietersen to shine during Ashes series - Oct 31, 2010
- Broad wants to 'throw the first punch' in Ashes sledgefest - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Fired up' Finn says will bowl to 'Ponting just like to a club third XI player' - Oct 30, 2010
- 'David Hasselhoff of cricket' Swann key to England's Ashes victory, says Warne - Nov 05, 2010
- Flower praises 'outstanding' England fightback in Ashes opener - Nov 30, 2010
- Flower's 'tactical ploy' to keep England quicks 'acclimatized' ahead of first Test - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: andy flower, ashes test, bbc, brisbane, coach andy, england coach, first test, gabba, germany, james anderson, london, match, melbourne, perth, south australia, sydney, team mates, training camp, warm up games, western australia