Anderson keen to regain England ODI spotApril 27th, 2011 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 27(ANI): England James Anderson has vowed to fight for his place in the national one-day squad after finding himself on the sidelines at the end of the recent World Cup.
Anderson was left out of the final group game against the West Indies and the quarterfinal against Sri Lanka, after conceding over six runs an over earlier in the tournament.
“I couldn’t argue when I was left out. I hadn’t done anything to keep my place, I wasn’t bowling well. I found it tough and in a competition like the World Cup if you are not on top of your game you get found out, and I got punished,” Anderson told the Manchester Evening News.
“My body just wasn’t working as well as it should have been. I felt quite fatigued, although mentally I felt fresh. I now have work to do to get back in the one-day side. I want to play for England as much as I can,” he added.
Anderson won’t get an opportunity to turn out for the Three Lions in a 50-over game until June at the earliest, with England set to face Sri Lanka in three Tests before meeting the World Cup runners-up in an ODI series. (ANI)
- Clarke admits role in Ponting's axing - Feb 23, 2012
- Clarke says Ponting's ODI career may not be over (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Doherty 'basically shafted' by selectors despite being economical: Bailey - Jan 18, 2011
- Relationship with Ponting won't be strained: Clarke - Feb 24, 2012
- West Indies need to make winning start: Gayle - Jun 30, 2012
- Cook confident of getting back to form - Aug 06, 2011
- Ferdinand 'gutted' after England's 2018 World Cup bid loss - Dec 03, 2010
- Recharged Shahzad eyeing England Test comeback against Lanka - Apr 20, 2011
- Had point to prove on Indian wickets: Anderson - Oct 02, 2011
- World Cup Roll of Honour - Apr 01, 2011
- Vettori retires from Twenty20 cricket - Mar 30, 2011
- Sri Lanka annihilate India to level series (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Harper accuses Dhoni of pressure tactics during Kingston Test - Jul 15, 2011
- Fletcher could come a cropper when he tours UK with Indian team: Swann - Apr 29, 2011
- Cook eyeing to succeed Strauss as England one-day captain - Apr 10, 2011