Ancelotti to confirm Chelsea take over on May 16May 15th, 2009 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 15 (ANI): Carlo Ancelotti is expected to confirm on Saturday that he will be taking over as Chelsea’s new coach this summer.
Sources close to the Italian coach believe he will make the announcement if his AC Milan side clinch a Champions League place by beating Udinese, The Sun reports.
Ancelotti, 49, was stunned and disappointed by the verbal attack launched on him by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi this week.
Berlusconi blamed the coach and his tactics for costing AC Milan the Serie A title which will be won by Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan.
That was the final straw for Ancelotti who is understood to have been in touch with Chelsea officials since to confirm he is taking the job at Stamford Bridge.
He will remain at the San Siro for the remainder of the season before joining the Blues next month.
Ancelotti has already been involved in identifying new players for Chelsea and this week he has identified Aston Villa’s Ashley Young as a top target. (ANI)
- Carlo Ancelotti confirms he'll take up Chelsea job - May 18, 2009
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Mourinho plans 50 million pound Chelsea raid for Real Madrid - May 26, 2010
- Lucky to still be in Chelsea job: Ancelotti - Jan 05, 2011
- Ancelotti threatens to reveal all of Mourinho - Mar 03, 2010
- Nothing special if Chelsea wins title: Ancelotti - Apr 25, 2010
- Ancelotti says Mourinho can forget about Chelsea job - Dec 31, 2009
- Chelsea set to pay 60 m pounds for Inter Milan's Ibrahimovic - Jul 12, 2009
- 'Double' will make up for Chelsea's Champions League flop: Ancelotti - Apr 10, 2010
- Lamps leaving Chelsea for Real Madrid is a joke: Ancelotti - May 17, 2010
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Chelsea's Ancelotti more special in Italy than me, claims Inter Milan's Mourinho - Dec 19, 2009
- Berlusconi dreams of buying Ronaldo for AC Milan - Apr 13, 2011
- Mourinho going nowhere: Cristiano Ronaldo - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: ac milan, ashley, carlo ancelotti, champions league, coach, final straw, inter milan, job, jose mourinho, london, remainder, san siro, silvio berlusconi, stamford bridge, sun reports, target, verbal attack