Ancelotti takes up 50 million pound job with ChelseaJune 1st, 2009 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 1 (ANI): Former A C Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has accepted a 50 million pound assignment with Chelsea, which is owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.
The Italian coach, 49, has been tasked with the responsibility of bringing the Premier League trophy back to Stamford Bridge.
Ancelotti is expected to be unveiled officially as Guus Hiddink’s successor within 24 hours.
After his last game with Milan - a 2-0 win at Fiorentina on Sunday - he said: “In agreement with the club, we have decided to terminate the contract a year early.
At least three new stars are on the radar with Abramovich giving Ancelotti the biggest Blues transfer budget since Jose Mourinho.
It is the first time in two seasons the Russian owner has dipped into his own pocket to buy players.
Sun Sport revealed last week Chelsea have already agreed a deal for CSKA Moscow attacking midfielder Yuri Zhirkhov. Both Bayern Munich’s French winger Franck Ribery and Valencia’s Spain striker David Villa have already been targeted.Ancelotti has also authorised the sale of Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and Deco. (ANI)
- Chelsea to spend 18.6 million pounds to snare Russian star Yuri Zhirkov - May 30, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Hiddink warns Chelsea stars to play for their future - May 05, 2009
- Chelsea confident of getting Hiddink - May 24, 2011
- Terry says Chelsea boss Abramovich should spend big in January - Nov 17, 2009
- Ancelotti to face Abramovich inquest even if Chelsea wins double - May 05, 2010
- Chelsea coach Ancelotti hails magic Lamps after Birmingham win - Jan 28, 2010
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- 'Dangerous' Russia to qualify from group: Hiddink - Jun 10, 2012
- Euro 2012: France get quarterfinal with 2-0 Sweden loss - Jun 20, 2012
- Ancelotti is new Chelsea coach - Jun 01, 2009
- Chelsea owner Abramovich bans Hiddink from taking Man City job - Dec 06, 2009
Tags: 50 million, bayern munich, billionaire, blues transfer, carlo ancelotti, chelsea london, cska moscow, fiorentina, florent malouda, franck ribery, guus hiddink, last game, league trophy, new stars, roman abramovich, salomon kalou, stamford bridge, sun sport, winger, yuri