Ancelotti ready to take over as Chelsea’s new coachApril 9th, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 9 (ANI): AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has told Chelsea that he is ready to take over from stopgap boss Guus Hiddink.
Ancelotti has promised Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich that he is willing to join the club this summer, The Sun reported.
Ancelotti was the Blues owner’s first choice to replace Phil Scolari, but was unwilling to leave Milan mid-season.
However, sources at the Italian club have indicated that an agreement has been reached with Chelsea, which will see Ancelotti named as the new coach.
A contract worth around 5.8million pounds a season over three years has been discussed and should be signed in June.
Real Madrid has courted the 52-year-old, but Abramovich’s personal intervention is understood to have helped swing the deal in Chelsea’s favour.
The only remaining obstacle is whether Milan will demand compensation for their manager, who has one year of his contract left to run.
Ancelotti insists he has a gentleman’s agreement with Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi that he can leave with their blessing in the summer. (ANI)
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- Chelsea confident of getting Hiddink - May 24, 2011
- A C Milan''s Ancelotti may replace axed Scolari - Feb 10, 2009
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Carlo Ancelotti confirms he'll take up Chelsea job - May 18, 2009
- Chelsea caretaker coach could net 2.5 million pounds for four months work - Feb 11, 2009
- Chelsea seek answer from Ancelotti - May 12, 2009
- Hiddink expected to join Chelsea soon - Jun 04, 2011
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
- Ancelotti is new Chelsea coach - Jun 01, 2009
- Ancelotti to face Abramovich inquest even if Chelsea wins double - May 05, 2010
- Ancelotti takes up 50 million pound job with Chelsea - Jun 01, 2009
- Di Matteo appointed permanent Chelsea coach - Jun 14, 2012
- Berlusconi retracts criticism of coach Ancelotti - May 13, 2009
Tags: ac milan, boss, carlo ancelotti, chelsea owner roman abramovich, coach london, contract worth, favour, first choice, gentleman, italian club, mid season, obstacle, owner roman abramovich, personal intervention, phil scolari, real madrid, silvio berlusconi, stopgap, sun