Ancelotti prefers ‘ready to play’ team to having big-spending Mancini’s ‘headaches’September 25th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 25(ANI): Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti reckons that he has a much easier job than his big-spending Manchester City counterpart Roberto Mancini.
Mancini has spent a staggering 132.5 million pounds on seven new players this season.
“I am happy that I don’t have those difficulties. I prefer to have a team that is ready to play. Last season was fantastic for Chelsea so I was able to maintain the same squad and work with the same players,” The Sun quoted Ancelotti, as saying ahead of the their clash at Eastlands on Saturday.
“If you are always changing nine or 10 players every year then it’s difficult. City didn’t start so well in the Premier League, but they still have the possibility to challenge us for the title,” he added.
City was the only side to beat Chelsea home and away in Premier League last season, beating them 2-1 at Eastlands and 4-2 at Stamford Bridge. (ANI)
- Mancini expects champions Chelsea to easily retain Premier League title - Sep 25, 2010
- Chelsea squad not good enough: Ancelotti - Apr 20, 2011
- Tottenham faces exodus of players, warns Ancelotti - Apr 30, 2011
- Man City still in Premier League title race: Ancelotti - Jan 01, 2010
- Man City will be Premier League title contenders in three weeks: Mancini - Aug 14, 2010
- Ancelotti's position at Chelsea is safe and sound: Ferguson - Feb 27, 2011
- Mancini strips Tevez of Manchester City captaincy - Sep 10, 2011
- Mancini working 18 hours a day to take Manchester City to success - Mar 04, 2010
- Malouda backs 'champions' Chelsea to thrash Manchester City and Arsenal - Sep 21, 2010
- Chelsea's 'double-winning squad' can repeat last year's fantastic season: Ancelotti - Aug 07, 2010
- I don't fear for my Chelsea job, says Ancelotti - Dec 11, 2010
- We don't have two hands, but only two fingers on EPL title: Mancini - May 09, 2012
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Chelsea will be cautiously optimistic about taking on Man City: Ancelotti - Sep 20, 2010