Ancelotti denies he is quitting ChelseaNovember 23rd, 2010 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov.23 (ANI): Carlo Ancelotti has refuted suggestions that he is thinking of quitting as manager of Chelsea on the pretext that he is no longer in control of the team.
In the aftermath of Chelsea’s fourth league defeat of the season against Birmingham City on Saturday, reports that Ancelotti was considering leaving his role Stamford Bridge in a dispute over control of the team were circulating.
Asked if there was any truth to the speculation, The Telegraph quoted the Italian, as saying: “These rumors are totally untrue. I don’t know why they came out in the papers. I have my contract until 2012.”
“I didn’t call the LMA. They called me last night when I was relaxing at home, just to find out what was going on. I’ve said a lot of times that I’d like to stay here. I love not just this club, but these players. I have a lot of confidence in these players, in this squad, so there’s no reason to change my ideas. I don’t know if this is enough to speak about all this,” he added.
Events off the pitch have also sparked fears about Ancelotti’s future.
The club’s board made the decision last week to dismiss assistant coach Ray Wilkins, who was close to Ancelotti, and replace him with Michael Emenalo on the instigation of Russian owner Roman Abramovich.
But Ancelotti denied that Wilkins’ departure had affected his position as manager.
“I am sad because the team doesn’t win - the club decided to change and I have to stay focused on the job,” he said.
“This is not the reason the team is losing at the moment. I maintain the same relationship with Ray.” (ANI)
- Ancelotti says he's 'going to stay at Chelsea until 2012' - Dec 17, 2010
- Ancelotti taking legal advice about quitting Chelsea - Nov 22, 2010
- Ancelotti says he's 'safe' but under pressure as Chelsea manager - Nov 27, 2010
- I don't fear for my Chelsea job, says Ancelotti - Dec 11, 2010
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Roman Abramovich ready to stick with Chelsea manager Ancelotti - Dec 29, 2010
- No reason to fault players for Chelsea's recent Premier League losses: Ancelotti - Nov 21, 2010
- Chelsea's 'record signing non-performing' star Torres could face the axe: Ancelotti - Apr 09, 2011
- Ancelotti's future at Chelsea looks bleak - Dec 28, 2010
- Chelsea owner Abramovich not obsessed with Champions League: Ancelotti - Sep 12, 2010
- You're gutless, says axed Chelsea star Ray Wilkins - Apr 08, 2011
- Ancelotti claims his Chelsea job is safe - Apr 12, 2011
- Chelsea boss hints at summer overhaul - Feb 18, 2012
- Ancelotti set to quit over Chelsea's internal politics: Source - Dec 15, 2010
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
Tags: aftermath, assistant coach, birmingham city, carlo ancelotti, chelsea london, confidence, fears, instigation, job, lma, owner roman abramovich, pitch, pretext, ray wilkins, relationship, s board, speculation, stamford bridge, telegraph, truth