Ancelotti begs Kaka not to join Real MadridJune 4th, 2009 - 12:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 4 (ANI): New Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti made a dramatic phone call to Brazilian football star Kaka, begging him not to join Spanish club Real Madrid.
Ancelotti rang up Kaka in a bid to stall his world record 62 million pound switch from AC Milan to Real Madrid.
Milan sources were adamant last night that Kaka will still go to Real and the deal will be confirmed on Monday. But Blues owner Roman Abramovich discovered on Wednesday morning that Kaka’s transfer had still not been legally concluded.
That sparked Ancelotti’s call and speculation mounted throughout the day that Chelsea had offered a staggering 73.5 million pound for the playmaker and were willing to pay him 17 million pound in wages, The Sun reports.
Ancelotti was Kaka’s boss at Milan for six years and forged a close relationship with his star player.
A pal of Ancelotti confirmed: “Carlo called Kaka in Brazil. Carlo is hopeful that Chelsea can be a tempting destination and his personal bond with the player can make a difference.”
But a Milan insider last night insisted Ancelotti’s pleas are too little, too late. “He is not going to Chelsea - even though Ancelotti has been asking him for some time to come with him.”
“The will of the player in this case is paramount. And we know that he wants to join Real Madrid, not Chelsea. This is no longer a moving story. The announcement will come on Monday,” the insider said.
Milan’s owner, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, was facing a backlash from Italian fans yesterday - who also revolted when Kaka nearly joined Manchester City in January.
Berlusconi, whose political party faces European elections on Sunday, promised them he would announce a decision once the voting was over.
Meanwhile, Real sporting director Jorge Valdano was last night desperately trying to seal Kaka’s transfer to the Bernabeu. (ANI)
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Abramovich ready to fund 25 million pound bid for Kaka - Feb 12, 2011
- Abramovich backs Ancelotti's move to have Kaka at Chelsea - May 16, 2010
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Mourinho asks Real Madrid bosses to get Ashley Cole - Jul 26, 2010
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Liverpool rejects 35 million pound Chelsea bid for Torres - Jan 28, 2011
- Chelsea squad not good enough: Ancelotti - Apr 20, 2011
- Ancelotti ready to take over as Chelsea's new coach - Apr 09, 2009
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Mourinho agrees to signing Sao Paulo playmaker - Apr 28, 2012
- Roman Abramovich ready to stick with Chelsea manager Ancelotti - Dec 29, 2010
- Ancelotti could drop Torres for Champions League game against Man U - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: ac milan, brazilian football, carlo ancelotti, club real madrid, european elections, football star, italian fans, italian prime minister, jorge valdano, manchester city, moving story, personal bond, playmaker, prime minister silvio, prime minister silvio berlusconi, silvio berlusconi, spanish club, star player, sun reports, world record