Amitabh, Aamir congratulate Bindra for making India proudAugust 12th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Bollywood stars Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Ajay Devgan are all praise for Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra, who bagged India’s first individual gold medal at the Olympics. While Big B thanked Bindra for “making every Indian walk a little taller”, Ajay and Aamir have expressed their happiness on the ace shooter’s win.
Amitabh, who is currently in the US as part of his world concert Unforgettable, heard of the news while he was in Chicago after his performance there.
“As I stepped out of the venue, media from India informed me about our gold at the Olympics. The rousing reception at the show was incredible, but nothing will be able to top the glory that Abhinav Bindra has brought to the heart of every Indian,” Amitabh posted on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
He added: “We are so proud of you and so delighted to have made every Indian walk a little taller. Thank you Abhinav, and more glory and success to you.”
Bindra won the 10-metre Air Rifle competition at the ongoing sports extravaganza in Beijing.
Aamir said: “I was absolutely thrilled to see Bindra receiving the gold”. The actor also expressed his appreciation through his blog.
“I had goose bumps when India’s National Anthem began playing. What a moment! My congratulations to Bindra for his achievement. He has done India proud and given us all a moment to celebrate,” Aamir posted in his latest entry.
Ajay has kept his wishes short and sweet as he wrote: “I wish to congratulate Bindra for making Indians proud - Kudos Bindra - indeed you have hit a bull’s eye!”
Amitabh has also quoted a dear friend of his from Mumbai and said: “After almost a century and two billion births, an Indian wins his first individual gold at the Olympics.”
- Beijing is past, I have to start afresh in London: Bindra - Jul 26, 2012
- Indian coach asks shooters to make the best of pressure - Jul 23, 2012
- We don't have a sporting culture: Abhinav Bindra - Oct 24, 2011
- CWG shooting will overshadow Test cricket, says Bindra - Oct 05, 2010
- This is my best moment since Beijing: Abhinav Bindra (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Narang aims for a medal at London olympics - Nov 03, 2011
- Abhinav Bindra takes athletes' oath at CWG opening ceremony - Oct 03, 2010
- Time professionals ran Indian sport: Shooter Ronjan Sodhi - Dec 05, 2010
- Khel Ratna has brought added pressure: Narang - Jul 26, 2011
- Dikshit congratulates Bindra, Narang - Oct 05, 2010
- Bindra gets India eighth quota place for the 2012 Games - Jun 18, 2011
- Coach Thomas to leave for Olympics with three shooters - Jul 05, 2012
- Gagan Narang: A world champ in the making - Oct 09, 2010
- CWG shooting: India fire at gold twice from the range (Second Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Cash award to Bindra for Asian shooting gold - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, abhinav bindra, air rifle, ajay devgan, amitabh bachchan, beijing, births, bollywood stars, dear friend, gold medal, goose bumps, happiness, indians, kudos, mumbai, national anthem, New Delhi, olympics, rousing reception, shooter