Amir Khan Returns Home From Hospital After Malaria Tests Show Negative ResultsJuly 6th, 2010 - 8:53 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan has been released from hospital after he was found negative for malaria. He came back from a trip to South Africa and Egypt and thereafter he was taken to Royal Bolton Hospital. Since he had a high temperature it was suspected that he could have contracted malaria. Therefore he was kept under medical observation for a few days. Shah Khan, his father also said that his son does not have malaria. Even though Amir Khan did not show any particular sign of weakness after returning his body temperature became a cause of concern for his family members and they did not want to take a risk.
His family was relieved when he tested negative for the ailment and came back home in perfect health. His father said that his son is preparing for his next fight after trouncing Paulie Malignaggi in May. He returned home from the hospital on Tuesday morning. Though the world light-welterweight champion has not contracted the disease the doctors have advised him to take some rest.
Amir Khan was kept under strict medical observation at the hospital and the doctors performed a number of tests on him to ensure that he was indeed not afflicted with malaria. The father of Amir Khan is happy that his son is back home and the tests have proved negative. He may later go to Las Vegas this month to see Juan Diaz fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. Amir Khan’s fans were worried when he went to the hospital for the check up but after his release they are at peace.
- WBA world light-welterweight champ Amir Khan hospitalized with mystery illness - Jul 06, 2010
- Brit Asian boxer Amir Khan angry at seven-month ring lay-off - Jul 22, 2010
- Mystery illness to keep Brit boxer Khan out for 4 months - Jul 07, 2010
- Brit boxing ace Khan says he never tested positive for drugs - Dec 26, 2010
- Brit Muslim boxer involved in brawl ahead of title fight - May 15, 2010
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
- People see Brit boxer Amir Khan as a cash cow, claims his dad - May 18, 2010
- Amir Khan inks new contract with Golden Boy Promotions - Apr 20, 2011
- Boxing Champion Amir Khan Is A "Filthy Mind" - May 02, 2010
- Amir Khan 'sent naked pics and twisted sex texts to a model' - May 02, 2010
- Witter ready for 'Battle of Britain' clash with Amir Khan - Feb 04, 2011
- World boxing Champ. Amir Khan fears being Kidnapped in Pakistan - Jun 20, 2010
- De La Hoya insists Brit boxer Khan can join him in Hall of Fame - May 11, 2010
- Amir Khan beats Paul McCloskey to retain WBA title - Apr 17, 2011
- WBA champ Amir Khan refuses to be a 'cash-cow' for pricey title wanabees - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: ailment, amir khan, body temperature, bolton, champion, doctors, egypt, family members, few days, high temperature, juan diaz, juan manuel marquez, las vegas, malaria, observation, paulie malignaggi, peace, perfect health, south africa, tuesday morning