Alize Cornet’s See Through Top Sparks ControversyJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It seems like the tennis field is on the verge of turning into a ramp for female tennis players are certainly not in a mood to go the plain jane way. Tennis which was once a game known to have all its players turn up as prim and proper now seems to have the hay wire way! The latest to join the bandwagon of the “Go As You Like” for tennis is Alize Cornet. The 22 year French player reportedly turned up in a see through top for the Women’s Single Third Round at the Australian Open.
After the player came to play the match in a see through top, audience and others present at the venue had no other option but to recall the dressing acts of the Williams sisters. Venus Williams recently made an appearance in a revealing dress that can be called almost sticky with quite a good portion of body getting exposed. Seems like Venus Williams is turning up the heat so much that others are not being to resist themselves from following the trend! According to the rules and regulations of the game, no one is allowed to show in obscene dresses and if he or she breaches the dress code, then it is much likely that they are going to pay a fine of $ 2,000.
Audience present at the Melbourne Park, where the sports event is being conducted could not stop themselves from discussing the matter which some claim to be a kind of “wardrobe malfunction”. Whatever it was that Alize Cornet had intended to do, the girl certainly had plans to be conspicous, which she did by losing out the game to Kim Clijsters!
- Venus Williams' French Open Outfit Triggers Controversy - May 25, 2010
- Li Na in Cincinnati final - Aug 19, 2012
- Ivanovic battles past McHale at Olympics - Jul 28, 2012
- Clijsters, Zvonareva sail into round four of Australian Open - Jan 22, 2011
- Venus Williams turns heads at US Open with latest tennis outfit choice - Sep 05, 2010
- Venus Williams pulls out of China Open due to knee injury - Oct 02, 2010
- Li Na Becomes The First Asian To Make It To Grand Slam Final - Jan 27, 2011
- Venus Williams' short top at Australian Open turns heads again - Jan 19, 2011
- Australia's Stosur welcomes prime-time promotion at US Open - Sep 07, 2010
- Seeds bomb out as Williams, Clijsters exit Wimbledon - Jun 29, 2010
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
- Serena saves Williams pride as Venus knocked out (Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Venus Williams enters US Open semi-finals for the seventh time - Sep 08, 2010
- Maria Sharapova Beats Venus Williams At Hua Hin - Jan 02, 2010
Tags: according to the rules, alize cornet, australian open, bandwagon, breaches, dey, dress code, female tennis players, french player, kim clijsters, madhuri, melbourne park, plain jane, sports event, tennis field, turning up the heat, venus williams, verge, wardrobe malfunction, williams sisters