Alex Cejka - will he, won’t he?May 10th, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
Thirty year old Alex Cejka who has no record of a win since 2002 is to sleep on the 54-hole lead of the Players Championship tonight.Cejka has never had a win on the PGA Tour. He is being regarded as the Paul Goydos of 2009. If he is able to manage a win, it will be an achievement for Cejka’s modest career.
There are speculations as to how he will play his game in the final round. In fact not many people would have thought that Cejka could have reached this position. Most people thought that he had almost faded in the aftermath of the 66-67 and the 36-hole lead. However, it seems now that he had not really faded. What he now has to do is stick to a five shot lead. He will certainly be in the shadow of Tiger Woods, the master golfer.
Sejka has to accomplish what Sean O’Hair couldn’t at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. It is to be seen whether he survives or succumbs to the tremendous pressure of the moment, part of which comes from the very presence of Tiger.
The underdogs like Sejka are often supported by the masses but whether they can actually win is another matter. Alex has to muster all the courage he can so that he his able to manipulate the routine shots and win the Players Championship. But will he succeed? Thats the big question.
- US wins Omega Mission Hills World Cup golf - Nov 27, 2011
- Arjun Atwal Lifts Wyndham Championship Trophy, Becomes First Indian To Win US PGA Tour - Aug 23, 2010
- Tiger Woods' return to professional golf 'imminent' - Mar 09, 2010
- Tiger Woods Returns to Glory at Bay Hill - Mar 30, 2009
- Henrik Stenson Wins the Players Championship with ease - May 11, 2009
- Sean Foley likely to be Tiger's new swing coach - May 12, 2010
- Atwal tied 55th at Players Golf - May 13, 2011
- Ireland on track to win Mission Hills Golf World Cup - Nov 26, 2011
- Days after divorce, Tiger finally gets out of the Woods - Aug 27, 2010
- Woods and McIlroy to face-off in China - Aug 29, 2012
- Westwood triumphs at Thailand golf, Jeev finishes tied seventh - Dec 18, 2011
- Woods grabs the headlines - deserved or not - Apr 07, 2010
- Montgomerie expects Tiger Woods finish in top five at Augusta National - Apr 07, 2011
- Atwal tied 52nd, Molinari leads in WGC-HSBC - Nov 04, 2010
- Tiger Woods putts all over the holes to land in a hole in Barclays Classic - Aug 28, 2010