Alex Barron’s Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys HeavilySeptember 13th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Sep 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) If the situation of Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night was bad, it was made worse by left tackle Alex Barron. On Sunday, in the season opening game, the Dallas Cowboys suffered a 7-13 loss against the Washington Redskins due to a penalty levied up on Alex Barron by the judges. It was just at the last few seconds of the game that Alex Barron made the blunder of holding back an opponent player and suffering the penalty.
Although the Dallas Cowboys were seen struggling from the very beginning of the game and were seen trailing behind by 10 points towards the end of the first half; they decreased the margin by going for a last minute touchdown. Quarterback Tony Romo gave a four-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Miles Austin who then went for a touchdown and trimmed the score difference to 10-7. However as the Washington Redskins added three more points towards the end of the second half, it was the last few seconds that became crucial for the Dallas Cowboys. While with just three second remaining in the game Tony Romo found Roy Williams to score a touchdown.
However, as the game ended and the Dallas Cowboys team rejoined for their last minute apparent touchdown, that would have made it a tie, the game referee came forward with the 12th penalty of the game against Alex Barron. The excitement of the Dallas Cowboys were marred when the panel nullified the last minute score of the team by holding that Alex Barron held back outside linebacker Brian Orakpo during the final moments of the game.
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- Redskins-Cowboys: Watch out for an interesting game today - Sep 27, 2011
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Jordan Palmer Fails To Impress - Aug 09, 2010
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles By 20-16 - Nov 09, 2009
- Redskins vs. Cowboys Game: Fans have a blast - Sep 27, 2011
- Chris Cooley throws Tony Romo challenge for a cage fight - Oct 05, 2011
- Candice Crawford Gets Engaged To Tony Romo - Dec 18, 2010
- Candice Crawford Engaged To Her Dream Cowboy? - Dec 17, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Prevail Over Cincinnati Bengals In First Pre-Season Game - Aug 09, 2010
- Terence Newman is the showstopper in Dallas Cowboys win - Sep 30, 2009
- DeMarcus Ware Of Dallas Cowboys Suffered Neck Injury - Dec 14, 2009
- Jessica Simpson engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: alex barron, blunder, brian orakpo, dallas cowboys, dey, excitement, game, minute score, opponent, referee, roy williams, score difference, second half, tony romo, touchdown pass, washington redskins, wide receiver, yard touchdown