Alan Isaac to take over ICC’s presidency from PawarJune 23rd, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 23 (IANS) New Zealand’s Alan Isaac will succeed India’s Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar as the eighth International Cricket Council (ICC) president during the council’s annual conference beginning here Sunday.
The ICC annual conference week begins with the Chief Executives’ Committee (CEC) meeting at the Shangri-La Hotel here and ends Thursday with Isaac taking over as president from Sharad Pawar, who completes his two-year term at the end of the week.
The ICC Council, at its meeting Thursday, will be asked to approve amendments to the ICC Articles which will create the post of chairman from June 2014 with the president’s role being ambassadorial from there on.
The council will also be required to confirm the appointment of David Richardson as successor to Haroon Lorgat as the ICC Chief Executive.
The council’s associate and affiliate members’ meeting Monday will elect their three representatives to serve two-year terms on the ICC Board.
On the agenda of the CEC meeting are recommendations from the ICC Cricket Committee, which include the reaffirmation of the universal application of the Decision Review System (DRS), minor enhancements to the 50-over format and, importantly, discussions on the protection and promotion of international cricket within a changed landscape that is showing a growing number of domestic professional T20 leagues.
- ICC CEO Lorgat to step down next year - Nov 22, 2011
- Pawar steps down as ICC president, Issac takes over - Jun 28, 2012
- ICC to reduce the role of president - Feb 01, 2012
- ICC board proposes Dave Richardson as CEO - May 10, 2012
- ICC's new ODI league to commence after World Cup (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Can't force BCCI to accept DRS: Richardson - Jun 28, 2012
- ICC makes further progress towards Test, ODI leagues - Dec 01, 2010
- BCCI rejects ICC's recommendation on DRS (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
- ICC committee recommends mandatory DRS in Tests, ODIs - Jun 25, 2012
- ICC agrees to split roles for president, chairman (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- ICC Chief Executives' Committee to meet in Cape Town - Sep 12, 2010
- ICC agrees to have split roles for chairman and president - Apr 16, 2012
- ICC goes along with Indian board, DRS is not mandatory - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- ICC receives Alan Isaac's nomination for vice president - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: affiliate members, agriculture minister, amendments, appointment, cec, chief executive, chief executives, david richardson, drs, eighth international, icc cricket, international cricket council, june 23, kuala lumpur, minor enhancements, presidency, reaffirmation, shangri la hotel, sharad pawar, universal application