Akhtar’s lawyer files complaint against AfridiNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:53 am ICT by admin
The Dawn quoted sources as saying that Minto handed over a written complaint to PCB’s GM Operations Subhan Ahmed on Monday.
According to the sources, Minto had claimed that Afridi, while talking to reporters last week, said that he did not leak the news of the Shoaib-Asif brawl in South Africa and suspected some of the PCB officials of spilling the beans at the time.
Minto contested that while Shoaib is facing charges for similar ‘violations’, the board is not ready to take any action against Afridi, thus showing discrimination.
The lawyer is apparently ready to take legal action on this issue if the PCB did not take notice against Afridi.
Shoaib is currently under suspension, as he is facing several charges, including that of hitting fellow fast bowler Mohammed Asif in South Africa ahead of the Twenty20 World Championship.
Other charges against the Rawalpindi bowler include addressing a press conference without the permission of the board in Lahore and criticising the decision of the PCB’s anti-doping committee, which recommended a ban for the controversial pacer last year. (ANI)
- Four cricketers of current Pak squad undergo "dope tests" in England - Sep 16, 2010
- Lahore High Court sends notice to PCB for early hearing of Shoaib's appeal - Jan 23, 2011
- Akhtar likely to play upcoming one-day, T20 matches: Afridi - Jun 02, 2010
- Ex-Pak cricketers hail Akhtar, Malik's inclusion in Asia Cup squad - Jun 04, 2010
- Lahore High Court adjourns hearing on Akhtar's plea challenging PCB's ban - Mar 20, 2010
- PCB snubs Afridi by ignoring Younis for ODI series against England - Aug 25, 2010
- Pakistan recalls Malik, Akhtar for Asia Cup - Jun 03, 2010
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Afridi will not appear before PCB disciplinary committee - Jun 06, 2011
- Banned Younis, Malik and ageing Akhtar in PCB's list of 35 probables for Asia Cup - May 26, 2010
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- Akhtar, Malik included in Pak team for Asia Cup - Jun 03, 2010
- PCB asks players to avoid World Cup advertisements - Dec 08, 2010
- Zulqarnain smells a rat in Pak's World Cup semi-final loss against India - Mar 31, 2011
- One-day series against Pakistan must go on: Swann - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: afridi, ahmed, apparently, asif, bilal, criticising, disciplinary committee, files complaint, lahore, lawyer, minto, pacer, pcb, press conference, rawalpindi, shoaib, south africa, subhan, twenty20, written complaint