Akhil wins Asia Zone kartingMay 4th, 2008 - 10:40 pm ICT by admin
Coimbatore, May 4 (IANS) India’s Akhil Khushlani showcased his talent and beat fancied Mikko Nassi of Finland to win the title in the senior category of the JK Tyre Rotax Mojo Asia Challenge karting championship (second leg) here Sunday. Kolhapur youngster Parth Ghorpade and Samyuk Shah of Mumbai (Juniors) and Bhushan Jadav (Junior Novice) were among the creditable winners.
Starting second on the grid, Khushlani went past pole-sitter Nassi and went on to win the hard-fought final after the lead changed hands several times. Malaysia ’s Ooi Fei Hoong took the third spot.
Kolhapur’s Dhruv Shivaji Mohite took to the chequered flag in the Micro Max category that was contested over 10 laps. At the start, he was lying in the third position behind Surya Raghuraman of Dindigul and Singapore’s Brendan Seibl.
However, Mohite showed great opportunism as he weaved his way to second position, and soon after the fifth lap, forged into the lead to eventually win the race, ahead of Seibl and Krishna Mahadik also of Kolhapur.
The more experienced drivers from Malaysia, including Muhammed Nabil, who finished third in the first leg, tried his best to get past Ghorpade in the Rotamax Junior category. Ghorpade, however, was in his elements and made it a start-to-finish affair.
Nabil slid to third position after Samyuk Shah overtook him with two laps remaining for a 1-2 finish for India.
In the novices category races, Kolhapur’s Bhushan Jadav stole the limelight finishing way head of others. The lone girl competitor in the event, Sneha Sharma of Mumbai, and Saurav Bandyopadhyay of Thane West came second and third, respectively.
Seniors (20 laps): 1. Akhil Khushlani (17mins, 03:812secs); 2. Mikko Nassi (17:04:029); 3. Ooi Fei Hoong (17:10:992).
Juniors (15 laps): 1. Parth Ghorpade (13:43:913); 2. Samyak Shah (13:50:484); 3. Muhammed Nabil (13:51:801).
Micro Max (10 laps): 1. Dhruv Mohite (08:16:851); 2. Brendan Seibl (09:06:714); 3. Krishna Mahadik (09:17:565).
Novice Senior (15 laps): 1. Bhushan Jadhav; 2. Sneha Sharma; 3. Saurav Bandyopadhayay.
Juniors (15 laps): 1. Vikash Anand; 2. Sandeep Kumar; 3. Abha Mankar.
- Parth tops among seniors in JK Tyre karting - Aug 22, 2010
- Prasad tops among seniors at National Karting championship - Aug 10, 2009
- Karting Nationals: Parth tops among seniors - Aug 20, 2010
- Double for Mohite's Racing - Aug 05, 2012
- Motorsports: Podium for Ghorpade - Jun 16, 2012
- Chittesh, Maini brothers emerge champs in National Rotax Karting - Sep 04, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani bags second spot - Sep 10, 2012
- Prasad tops among seniors in JK Tyre Rotax national karting - Jul 12, 2009
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani grabs eighth spot - Sep 09, 2012
- Ghorpade quickest qualifier in national karting - Aug 29, 2009
- Ghorpade signs up for Formula Pilota - May 29, 2012
- Chittesh docked, Ameya declared winner in JK Tyre karting - Aug 30, 2009
- Ameya tops among seniors in national karting - Jun 07, 2009
- Mixed results for Ghorpade in Formula Pilota - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: asia zone, bandyopadhyay, chequered flag, coimbatore, dhruv, dindigul, fei, jk tyre, junior category, junior novice, kolhapur, nassi, ooi, opportunism, pole sitter, rotax, saurav, shivaji, thane west, third position