Airtel India-New Zealand trophy unveiledAugust 22nd, 2012 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 21 (IANS) Airtel India-New Zealand Test and T20 cricket series trophy was unveiled at a function here Tuesday evening.
Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and New Zealand captain Ross Taylor along with Sharlin Thayil, CEO, Bharti Airtel, Andhra Pradesh, unveiled the glittering trophy.
The two-Test series begins with the first Test match, starting at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, here Thursday. The second Test will be played at Bangalore from Aug 31. Vizag and Chennai will host the T20 matches Sep 8 and 11.
Airtel officials said Frazer and Haws have designed the trophy in silver with 24 karat gold plating.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has awarded the series sponsorship rights to Bharti Airtel for all international matches to be played in India till 2013.
- Ranchi, Dharmasala to host ODIs against England - Apr 02, 2012
- Bharti Airtel bags BCCI's sponsorship rights for home series - Aug 20, 2010
- India opt to bat against New Zealand - Aug 23, 2012
- Badrinath replaces Laxman in India Test squad - Aug 19, 2012
- Tuffey replaces injured McKay in New Zealand test squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Wadekar to be honoured with C.K.Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award - Nov 22, 2011
- Weather again in Yuvraj's way (Preview) - Sep 10, 2012
- New Zealand choose to bat against India - Aug 31, 2012
- Dravid named for Polly Umrigar best cricketer award - Nov 23, 2011
- Kiwi-Pak Test series just an entree for one-dayers - Jan 06, 2011
- We have to forget the defeat and move on: Taylor - Aug 30, 2012
- Roach leads Windies demolition of Black Caps - Aug 03, 2012
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Kiwis' confidence up in absence of Dravid, Laxman - Aug 22, 2012
- India set for series sweep (Preview) - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: airtel india, bharti airtel, captain ross, cricket series, cricket stadium, gold plating, haws, india bcci, indian captain, international cricket, mahendra singh dhoni, rajiv gandhi, ross taylor, second test, series trophy, t20, test match, test series, vizag, zealand captain