AIFF XI to miss Ralte against ONGC in I-LeagueDecember 7th, 2010 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Dec 7 (IANS) AIFF XI will be looking to make an impression when they face Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in their second round league match at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here Wednesday.
AIFF XI, comprising mostly under-19 and under-23 national players, have been floated by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) to prepare the footballers for the 2018 World Cup.
The young boys started their campaign with a 1-2 loss against Chirag United while newly promoted ONGC went down 0-1 to East Bengal.
AIFF XI coach Desmond Bulpin, an Englishman, knows that his boys are here not to be champions, but to gain experience.
However, against ONGC, Bulpin is eyeing for a win.
“We had a good match against Chirag. Though we lost the match, but we were the better side. It was a match that we could have won. Our strikers created chances but were unlucky not to get the goals. We will look for a win tomorrow,” Bulpin said after his team’s practice session here.
Bulpin, who has been a youth coach at Tottenham Hotspur and the Philippines national coach, said his plan is to end in the top half of the points table.
“We are not here to win the league, but give the boys some experience of playing in the league. Our priority is to develop players and give chances to everybody,” he said.
Bulpin will be banking on his young strikers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Malswamfela, but attacking midfielder Lalrindika Ralte, who scored a brilliant goal against Chirag, will be missing the match with a knee injury.
Bulpin will also expect another great performance from his wingers Jibon Singh and Tirthankar Sarkar
- I-League: AIFF XI in 1-1 draw against ONGC - Dec 08, 2010
- We have to defend well against Qatar: Bulpin - Jun 16, 2011
- Chirag United held by Indian Arrows in I-League - Feb 11, 2011
- 17 Indian Arrows players among 25 probables for Olympic qualifiers - Jun 03, 2011
- Late strike by Henry helps Mumbai FC draw with AIFF XI - Jan 15, 2011
- Bhaichung, Renedy among 32 probables for Pakistan friendlies - Jul 20, 2011
- AIFF XI beat Air India for their maiden I-League win - Dec 22, 2010
- AIFF XI beat HAL 2-1 to end year on happy note - Dec 30, 2010
- Chettri brace gives India 3-2 win over Malaysia - Nov 17, 2011
- Jeje to lead India U-22 in AFC Championship qualifiers - Jun 20, 2012
- India face Kuwait in Asian Games opener - Oct 28, 2010
- Pune FC sign defender Ralte - Jul 30, 2012
- Armando drops Bhaichung along with 11 seniors from World Cup probables - Jun 02, 2011
- Koevermans names 37 probables for Nehru Cup - Jul 06, 2012
- I-League clubs refuse to release players for Caribbean, UK trip - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: chirag, desmond, east bengal, englishman, football federation, footballers, gurgaon, hotspur, knee injury, lal, national coach, natural gas corporation, ongc, practice session, sarkar, strikers, wingers, world cup, young boys, youth coach