Age limit lowered for bike racesApril 22nd, 2009 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 22 (IANS) The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India has lowered the age limit for participation in its 2009 Indian National Road Racing Championship for two wheelers, that begins in June, to 13 years.
These riders will be permitted to participate in the unmodified class (Group D) up to 130cc and moped categories, according to Rajan Syal, Chief Executive, FMSCI.
“We are hopeful that this lowering of age limit will encourage more youngsters to participate in our events and the move is also in keeping with the trend in other Asian countries,” he said here today.
The five-round championship, promoted by the Chennai-based Meco Motorsports, has Rolon as the title sponsor besides Amaron, Honda Motor Company and TVS Motors Ltd.
The opening three rounds will be held in Coimbatore June 6-7, July 11-12 and Aug 22-23 before shifting to Chennai, which will host the remaining two rounds Sept 19-20 and Nov 7-8.
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- National Karting season begins from June - May 15, 2009
- Dirt track racing in Jodhpur - Sep 23, 2011
- Close contests in offing in national motor racing - Nov 26, 2010
- Full grids for National Racing Championship - Jun 15, 2011
- National Racing Championship set for wet finish - Dec 17, 2010
- National Racing Championship 2010 kicks off in Chennai - Nov 29, 2010
- Kini, Bolisetti consolidate in JK Tyre racing - Sep 26, 2010
- Chittesh, Maini brothers dominate at Rotax Karting - Jul 09, 2011
- Clean sweep by TVS Girling in National Racing - Aug 28, 2010
- 33 entries for National Rotax Karting Championship - Aug 05, 2011
- Nashik to host first round of National Rally Championship - Mar 16, 2011
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- National Rally Championship to have diesel class - Feb 17, 2011
- Ameya, Vishnu annex titles in JK Tyre National Racing - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: 13 years, amaron, asian countries, bike races, chief executive, class group, coimbatore, honda, honda motor, honda motor company, India, meco, motor sports, motors ltd, participation, sports clubs, title sponsor, tvs, youngsters