After turning Sydney Test pink, McGrath turns to Lord’sJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 3 (IANS) After turning the Sydney Test pink, retired Australian fast bowler Glenn McGrath now wants to turn to Lord’s Test.The Mirror reported that after receiving overwhelming support from the England team, who all donned baggy pink caps before the game, during the Sydney Test, Lord’s is the next target for McGrath.
“The support we’re getting from the England side is great because it shows what we are doing is having an effect across the world. If we can do the same in England that would be great,” McGrath was quoted as saying by the daily.
“The help this is getting from England is perhaps also a sign of respect. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the battles that I’ve had with the English over the years and I’ve got a lot of mates there. To have a pink Test at Lord’s would be an amazing event. Hopefully it can happen,” he added.
McGrath’s wife Jane died from breast cancer, and the subsequent McGrath Foundation has supported the charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer, raising enough money from the Sydney Test to pay for over 60 specialist nurses in Australia.
The pink Test has worked out well for Australia over the past two years with the home side winning both games against South Africa and Pakistan.
- Johannesburg's Wanderers Test to go pink - Nov 17, 2011
- Australia will whitewash India, says McGrath - Jan 02, 2012
- Australian bowlers need to be consistent: McGrath - Jan 04, 2011
- McGrath skips McGrath Foundation charity event - Mar 20, 2011
- McGrath rules out replacing Cooley as Australia's bowling coach - Jan 03, 2011
- All about McGrath, Leonardi's 'simple and intimate' wedding ceremony - Nov 19, 2010
- McGrath backs Ponting to lead Australia to an Ashes victory - Nov 07, 2010
- Glenn McGrath gets engaged to girlfriend Sara - Jul 25, 2010
- McGrath rules out Oz bowling coach job - Jan 01, 2011
- McGrath calls for 'chin music' against Strauss to derail England's Ashes campaign - Nov 17, 2010
- McGrath tips Australia to win Ashes series 5-0 - Nov 03, 2010
- Shane Watson and fiance Lee Furlong support McGrath Foundation - Jan 02, 2010
- Atherton's ridicule of baggy greens leaves Australians simmering - Jan 04, 2011
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- Australia will bounce back and win Ashes, says McGrath - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,