AFC Cup: India lose 2-5 to South KoreaOctober 4th, 2008 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) India went down 2-5 to South Korea in their first Group B match of the AFC Under-16 Championship at Tashkent Saturday.The Koreans struck early in the third minute through Kim Dong Jin but India did well to contain them in the first half and conceded only one goal before the floodgates opened in the second.
Indian had their chances to equalize in the first half when Abhishek Das beat the goalkeeper but his feeble touch went just outside the right bar. The second time India came near to equalising was when Tirathankar Sarkar’s header went over the bar.
India conceded an early goal in the second half which came through Rim Chang Wo.
The other scorers for Korea were Lee Chang 49th and 61st minutes and Son Heung Min in the 72nd minute.
For India, Lalrindika scored both the goals in identical fashion from a free kick in 69th and 88th minutes.
- South Korea beat India 4-1 in Asian Cup - Jan 18, 2011
- India hold UAE 1-1 in U-22 AFC Championship qualifier - Jun 29, 2012
- Azlan Shah Cup: India lose 1-2 to South Korea, finish sixth (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- India out of AFC U-22 Championship - Jul 04, 2012
- Hamburg earns second victory in Bundesliga - Oct 17, 2011
- Japan hold India to 1-1 draw in Asian Champions hockey - Sep 04, 2011
- India unimpressive, lucky to get a point (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Indian women finish seventh in Champions Challenge I hockey - Jun 26, 2011
- AFC Challenge Cup: Tajikistan beat India 2-0 - Mar 09, 2012
- India bow out of AFC Challenge Cup - Mar 11, 2012
- India thrashed by Uzbekistan in AFC U-16 qualifier - Oct 05, 2011
- India draw 1-1 with Qatar, but lose 4-2 on aggregate - Jun 23, 2011
- Arsenal thrash Spurs to reclaim EPL fourth spot - Feb 26, 2012
- Azlan Shah Cup: India squander two-goal lead, lose to Korea 2-3 - May 05, 2011
- India come back from two goals down to hold New Zealand - Apr 21, 2012