Advani scalps McManusAugust 21st, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Sheffield, Aug 21 (IANS) India’s Pankaj Advani, notching two century breaks, scalped another former top-10 player in Alan McManus 6-3 to advance to the final qualifying round of the International Championship snooker tournament here Tuesday.
Following up on his fantastic 6-5 win against former World champion Steve Davis in the previous round, Advani, after sharing the opening two frames, cracked a break of 117 in the third and did not take his foot off the pedal.
Advani further increased his lead to 4-2 lead in his favour, before a scoring another century break of 113 in the seventh frame for a 5-2 lead and finally clinching the match 6-3.
Advani is now scheduled to play against World No.32 Michael Holt of England who will be the last hurdle for the Indian to qualify for Snooker’s richest tournament scheduled to be held in China at the end of 2012.
- Snooker: Advani qualifies for main draw - Aug 23, 2012
- Snooker: Advani downs Steve Davis - Aug 21, 2012
- Advani qualifies for International Championship - Aug 22, 2012
- Advani crashes out of UK Championship - Jul 21, 2012
- O'Sullivan puts one foot in snooker final - May 05, 2012
- Advani makes it to round of 16 - Aug 11, 2012
- Mehta qualifies for the venue stages - Aug 23, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- Pankaj Advani qualifies for semis - Aug 27, 2012
- Advani in snooker qualifier semis (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- European snooker: Advani beats English veteran Mark King - Aug 26, 2012
- Walker, Ayouri snuff out Indian challenge - Dec 02, 2011
- Chinese debutant Cao stuns Allen at world snooker - Apr 23, 2012
- Triple crown for Varsha in National cue sports - Jan 23, 2012
- Aditya gets India Asian snooker title after eight years - Apr 29, 2012