Advani qualifies for International ChampionshipAugust 22nd, 2012 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Sheffield, Aug 22 (IANS) In a closely contested final qualification round for the International Snooker Championship, India’s Pankaj Advani reigned supreme, beating World No.32 Michael Holt of England 6-4.
In a best of 11 frames that was played over 180 minutes, the young cueist took an early lead winning the first three frames convincingly. Fighting back, Holt won frames four and five to narrow Pankaj’s lead, with the scores at the end of six frames poised at 4-2 in favour of Pankaj.
Having clawed his way back, the experienced Holt lost the next frame before winning two consecutive frames to further narrow Pankaj’s lead ending the ninth frame at 5-4. Winning the tenth frame, Pankaj secured his spot at the International Championship to be held in China at the end of October.
“I am extremely proud of this victory, as this puts the country on the world map in international professional snooker and having chosen to play the circuit as recently as July, I am glad this victory came so soon,” said Advani on his run through the qualifiers.
- Snooker: Advani qualifies for main draw - Aug 23, 2012
- Advani scalps McManus - Aug 21, 2012
- European snooker: Advani beats English veteran Mark King - Aug 26, 2012
- Advani crashes out of UK Championship - Jul 21, 2012
- Snooker: Advani downs Steve Davis - Aug 21, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- Pankaj Advani beats former World No.1 Higgins - Aug 25, 2012
- Advani in snooker qualifier semis (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Pankaj Advani qualifies for semis - Aug 27, 2012
- Mehta qualifies for the venue stages - Aug 23, 2012
- Aditya eyeing gold at Asian Snooker - Apr 18, 2012
- Chawla pots snooker title - Jun 23, 2012
- Aditya gets India Asian snooker title after eight years - Apr 29, 2012
- Geet Sethi, Pankaj Advani for inaugural Kolkata Open snooker - Apr 26, 2012
- Ryan Day takes slender lead against Ding in world snooker - Apr 25, 2012