Advani has mixed luck in World snookerJuly 3rd, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, July 3 (IANS) India’s Pankaj Advani remained in contention for a berth in the knock-out phase as he beat Thailand’s Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-4 for his second win, but later in the day, went down 2-5 to England’s Andrew Higginson in Group E matches of the SangSom 6-Red World snooker championship here Tuesday.
With two wins and a loss, Advani is scheduled to take on sixth seed Shaun Murphy and 54-year old Steve Davis, the former six times World champion, in his remaining two league fixtures Wednesday.
On another table, Indian champion Aditya Mehta slid to his second defeat in Group C as he lost 4-5 to England’s Mark Williams and was to play 1997 World champion Ken Doherty of Ireland later Tuesday night.
- Pankaj Advani wins snooker championship opener - Jul 02, 2012
- World snooker: Advani loses twice - Jul 05, 2012
- Advani, Merchant win twice as World Snooker Championship begins - Nov 28, 2011
- Eight Indians advance to knockout stage of World Snooker - Nov 30, 2011
- World Snooker: Advani through to knockout stage - Nov 29, 2011
- Walker, Ayouri snuff out Indian challenge - Dec 02, 2011
- Advani leads way into last 16 of World snooker - Dec 01, 2011
- World Snooker: Indian hopes ride on Advani - Nov 27, 2011
- Snooker: Advani qualifies for main draw - Aug 23, 2012
- India to host 2013 world professional snooker meet - May 04, 2012
- Advani, Mehta in last 8 of Asian snooker championship - Apr 27, 2012
- Jones shocks Murphy on world snooker championship debut - Apr 24, 2012
- Advani prevails, Mehta loses - Jun 14, 2012
- Advani scalps McManus - Aug 21, 2012
- Advani, Mehta to clash for title in Asian Snooker (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: aditya, andrew higginson, bangkok, berth, contention, england, India, ireland, ken doherty, knock out, mehta, nooh, pankaj advani, s mark williams, six times, sixth seed, Thailand, tuesday night, world champion, world snooker championship