Aditya finishes sixth in MacauNovember 16th, 2008 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 16 (IANS) Aditya Patel finished sixth in the season-ending Formula BMW Pacific race that was run as part of the 55th Macau Grand Prix programme at the Guia street circuit in Macau Sunday.Driving for Team Eurasia Motorsport, the 19-year old from Chennai went past three places after starting ninth on the grid in the six-lap race around the 6.12 km circuit.
Aditya’s team-mate Kimiyo Sato (Japan), who had qualified sixth, finished third behind Team Motaworld duo of pole-sitter Mihai Marinescu from Romania and Michael Christensen (Denmark).
The third Eurasia Motorsport entry, Marlon Stockinger (Philippines) ended 17th among the 21 who started the race that saw 19 crossing the finish line.
Incidentally, Aditya finished way ahead of the 2008 BMW Pacific championship winners Ross Jamison, who was 16th, and Simon Moss (Rookie class), who did not complete even one lap and was not classified.
The only significance of the race that saw Formula BMW Pacific making its debut at the Grand Prix was the exposure the young drivers received to the talent scouts who converge in Macau to identify potential candidates for the 2009 season.
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Formula BMW: Aditya qualifies 9th in Macau Grand Prix - Nov 15, 2008
- Aditya qualifies ninth in Macau GP - Nov 15, 2008
- Two podium finishes for Khushlani in Formula BMW Pacific - Jun 01, 2009
- Chandhok set for Le Mans debut - Jun 14, 2012
- Motorsports: Podium for Ghorpade - Jun 16, 2012
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Vettel wins Singapore GP, Force India record season's best result - Sep 25, 2011
- Ghorpade signs up for Formula Pilota - May 29, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Hamilton feeling 'phenomenal' after Montreal win - Jun 12, 2012
- No points for Force India, Karthikeyan 21st at Turkish GP - May 08, 2011
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012