Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England squadMarch 24th, 2011 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, March 24 (IANS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) Thursday confirmed all-rounder Adil Rashid as a replacement for Michael Yardy in England’s World Cup squad, ahead of their World Cup quarterfinal clash against Sri Lanka here Saturday.
Yardy was withdrawn from the England squad suffering from depression and has consequently returned home.
“The ICC’s Event Technical Committee of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 has approved Adil Rashid as a replacement player for Michael Yardy in the England squad for the tournament,” said an ICC release.
“The confirmation was conveyed to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on behalf of the committee on Thursday.”
Yardy becomes the fifth player to be replaced in England’s squad, although Eoin Morgan subsequently returned as a replacement for the injured Kevin Pietersen.
Rashid, a leg-break spinner with Yorkshire, has represented England in five ODIs, claiming three wickets, and has also represented England in five Twenty20 Internationals. The 23-year-old from Bradford has 241 first-class wickets to his name and has recently been touring the Caribbean with the England Lions. He is scheduled to arrive in Colombo Saturday.
- Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England WC squad - Mar 24, 2011
- Depressed Yardy flies back home ahead of Sri Lanka clash - Mar 24, 2011
- Panyangara replaces Rainsford in Zimbabwe World Cup squad - Feb 17, 2011
- Dernbach replaces injured Shahzad in England World Cup squad - Mar 18, 2011
- Yardy pulls out of World Cup quarter-final citing depression - Mar 24, 2011
- ICC confirms replacement players in West Indies squad for World Cup - Feb 20, 2011
- Hussey to replace Bollinger in Australia's World Cup squad - Mar 06, 2011
- Pietersen left out of England Test squad for India tour - Sep 18, 2012
- ICC confirms Lanka replacements for World Cup finals - Apr 01, 2011
- Bishoo to replace injured Bravo in West Indies team - Mar 01, 2011
- ICC confirms replacement of players in Oz, Indian squads for WC - Feb 08, 2011
- Morgan all set to replace Pietersen in England team - Mar 07, 2011
- Pietersen to leave World Cup early for hernia operation - Mar 07, 2011
- Tremlett to replace Broad in England team - Mar 09, 2011
- Pietersen out with injury, Morgan is replacement (Lead) - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: adil, cricket world cup, cricket world cup 2011, ecb, england and wales cricket board, england squad, eoin, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, icc cricket world cup 2011, international cricket council, kevin pietersen, odis, rashid, suffering from depression, twenty20, wales cricket board, wickets, world cup squad, yardy