Adelaide Ashes Test defeat was rock bottom for Australia: HaddinDecember 12th, 2010 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
Perth, Dec 12(ANI): Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has described the innings-and-71-run defeat handed out by England in the second Ashes at Adelaide Oval as his team’s “rock bottom”.
Haddin said the players knew that the fans expected better from anyone entrusted with the Baggy Green.
“I think when you look at Adelaide, we just didn’t play to the high standards we should have,” the Age quoted Haddin, as saying.
“We have to make sure we play to the standard of the baggy green cap. I hope Adelaide was rock bottom for us and that we’re on our way back. We all know we have to produce in Perth,” he added.
The 33-year-old further said that it was unfair to single out a select group of bowlers or batsmen for public dissection over the disappointing performance of the team so far.
“It is tough to put all the blame on the bowlers. We haven’t batted well, we haven’t bowled well and we haven’t fielded well,” Haddin said.
“It’s the whole package. We aren’t getting it done well, but come Perth we have to get it all right - the batting, bowling and fielding,” he added. (ANI)
- England belt Australian cricket into crisis - Dec 07, 2010
- Anything less than a whitewash will be sad: Clarke - Jan 22, 2012
- Australia bat in fourth Test - Jan 24, 2012
- Sehwag realises patience is key against Australian quicks - Jan 23, 2012
- Warne backs Wade as Haddin's successor - Jan 18, 2012
- Warne was never considered for Perth Ashes Test: Chappell - Dec 13, 2010
- Don't feel the need to pass the baton on: Hussey - Jan 22, 2012
- Coach Arthur backs beleaguered Haddin - Jan 10, 2012
- Australians still vulnerable, under pressure: Pietersen - Dec 23, 2010
- Ponting inspires us, says Haddin - Dec 23, 2010
- Indian team motivated to win in Adelaide: Gambhir - Jan 22, 2012
- Conditions in Adelaide will suit Indians better: Clarke - Jan 23, 2012
- India break quicker than anyone when going gets tough: Haddin - Jan 09, 2012
- India can take heart from their record at Adelaide Oval (Preview) - Jan 23, 2012
- Australia retain squad for Adelaide Test - Jan 17, 2012