Adebayors lucky shin pads, tiger tattoo secrets behind his amazing strike recordFebruary 7th, 2009 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 7 (ANI): Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor Striker is sure of continuing his amazing goal scoring record against Tottenham, thanks to his lucky shin pads.
Adebayor has scored eight goals in his last seven games against Arsenals fierce north London rivals and he will go through his pre-match ritual to maintain that run tomorrow.
Adebayor, 25, wears shin pads that he has had since he was a youngster, goes to church to pray before every game and even draws inspiration from a tiger tattoo on his shoulder, the Mirror reported.
I always wear the same shin pads. When I was young I played for Togo and had a friend in Cannes in France. He got a pair of shin pads from adidas and gave me a pair. I used them I scored in Togo, Adebayor said.
I always use them now. I lost them a few years ago but I found them again and now I use them every day. I use the ones I love. I believe in these things. I was born in Togo and I had a dream to play for Arsenal and to be the best player in Africa.
Every time I go on the pitch, I pray and put my life and body into Gods hands. Some people go on the pitch and can pass away. I want God to know my life is in his hands. The tattoo is an African thing, Adebayor said.
In Togo we have lots of tigers and in Togo you have to be a tiger - only the strong can survive. When I had that tattoo, it made me more angry and helped me, he added. (ANI)
- Quit City due to lack of fans love for me: Adebayor - Apr 04, 2011
- Bust-ups with Mancini show passion for Man City: Adebayor - Oct 23, 2010
- Adebayor happy being on a football pitch after brush with death in Angola - Feb 11, 2010
- Real Madrid not ready to continue with Adebayor - Apr 27, 2011
- Adebayor assures of good gestures for Man City-Arsenal clash - Apr 24, 2010
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Henry slams Adebayor for showing lack of respect to Arsenal - Sep 20, 2009
- Adebayor could Manchester City next season - Mar 07, 2010
- Adebayor to miss Togo's World Cup qualifier - Jun 09, 2012
- Sick chants at Adebayor land Spurs with possible UEFA fine - Apr 07, 2011
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Adebayor urges FA to be lenient with pal Kolo Toure - Mar 14, 2011
- Manchester City's Adebayor looks set for Juventus switch - Nov 26, 2010
- 'Devastated' Adebayor quits international football - Apr 13, 2010
- Adebayor rules out ever stopping 'celebrating with emotion' despite suspension - Sep 25, 2009
Tags: adidas, arsenal, arsenals, best player, cannes, emmanuel adebayor, gods hands, inspiration, last seven games, london feb, match, north london, pitch, rivals, shin pads, tiger, tiger tattoo, tigers, togo, youngster