Adam Hollioake declared bankrupt in AustraliaJuly 16th, 2011 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 16 (IANS) Adam Hollioake, former England Test cricketer and Surrey captain, has been declared bankrupt in Australia.
The Guardian reported that the Australian-born player’s property development company, the Hollioake Group, had collapsed last year. The company owns Australian $20 million, or 13.2 million pounds, to more than 40 creditors, including former England captain Alec Stewart.
The 39-year-old Hollioake and his sister Eboni were joint directors of the Perth-based company. They resigned in 2009 after which their father John carried on as director until the company was liquidated in September 2010.
Adam and his father were sued in Brisbane court by businessman Martin Ryman for more than $2.7 million (Australian) (1.8 millon pounds). Ryman finally won the case Friday after the court awarded the Australian businessman the full 1.8 million pounds claim.
- Promising cricketer Tom Maynarda's body found on rail tracks - Jun 19, 2012
- Police recover more of Ben Hollioake's memorabilia - Apr 19, 2012
- Fertiliser tycoon Oswal's luxury cars up for grabs in Perth auction following asset freeze - Feb 17, 2011
- Malaysian Indian businessman spared jail term - Mar 02, 2011
- Gordon Ramsay to sue family members - Aug 09, 2011
- Stewart dreams of England's 'fantastic' 4-0 Ashes win over Australia - Dec 15, 2010
- Indian student jailed in Australia in visa scam - Mar 27, 2012
- UK Customs suspects Majeed laundered 20 m pound fortune through football club - Sep 02, 2010
- Sandalwood firm to cash in on Gichrist's popularity - Jun 30, 2011
- Prior plays down Ashes' Down Under curse for England wicketkeepers - Nov 13, 2010
- Stewart backs Colly to play till he is 40 - Jul 25, 2010
- Hutton, Hobbs, Laker at Hall of Fame - Aug 24, 2009
- Surrey signs fast bowler Dirk Nannes - May 27, 2011
- India will go home with bruised ego and reputation: Stewart - Aug 14, 2011
- Ashes 2010: Surrey manager backs 'softie' Tremlett to rough up Australia - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: adam hollioake, alec stewart, australia, brisbane, businessman, creditors, england captain, england test, guardian, london, millon, perth, property development company, ryman, surrey, test cricketer