Adam Dunn Signs A $56 Million Deal With Chicago White SoxDecember 3rd, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dec 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Adam Dunn will no more be playing for the Washington Nationals as he has been roped in by the Chicago White Sox for $56 million over a period of four years. The news broke out on Thursday and ever since it has spread like fire all over the baseball circle. After all Washington Nationals have lost their favorite slugger who is not only a favorite among the ardent followers of the team but among the teammates as well.
According to sources, the preliminary discussions of the deal assumed a rough outline on late Wednesday night between the Chicago White Sox officials and the agents of Adam Dunn. On Thursday afternoon, it was announced that the player is all set to play with the Chicago White Sox. However, it has supposedly not been legally finalized. Reports claim that the final deal will be sealed on Friday after Adam Dunn reaches the Chicago White Sox headquarters. The decision came up as a result of Adam Dunn’s fatigue with the Washington Nationals, who had failed to draw his contract extensions. Last spring, both he had expressed their earnest desire to be with each other.
Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman said that he is happy for Adam Dunn as someone finally has recognized his merit and alloted him his fair share. He went to add that till now the player had been denied of what he actually deserves. Ryan Zimmerman came up with mixed emotions as he said that how much he will be missing Adam Dunn, but at the same time, is happy for the way things has transpired for his former teammate.
- Washington Nationals Rope In Jayson Werth For A Whopping $126 Million Deal - Dec 06, 2010
- Obama's first pitch at Nationals opener goes "little high and outside" - Apr 06, 2010
- President Barack Obama Makes The 100th Pitch - Apr 06, 2010
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Carlos Zambrano Throws Another Tantrum, Suspended Indefinitely - Jun 26, 2010
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Magglio Ordonez will announce his retirement on Sunday at Comerica Park - May 30, 2012
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Mark Teahen To Possibly Shift To Chicago White Sox - Nov 06, 2009
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Chicago Cubs Icon Ron Santo Dies At 70 - Dec 04, 2010
- Ron Santo Passes Away At 70 - Dec 05, 2010
- Dodgers get Jim Thome - Sep 01, 2009
- Gabrielle Giffords' Aide Gabe Zimmerman Killed In Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: adam dunn, chicago white sox, contract extensions, dey, dunn signs, earnest desire, fair share, fatigue, followers, former teammate, last spring, madhuri, mixed emotions, rough outline, ryan zimmerman, teammates, third baseman, thursday afternoon, washington nationals, wednesday night