Action against CAB for ignoring fire safety normsMarch 15th, 2010 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 15 (IANS) West Bengal Fire Services Minister Pratim Chattopadhyay Monday said his department would take action against the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) for not following the fire safety norms while setting up a temporary gallery for Sunday’s T20 match at the Eden Gardens.
“I don’t know why the CAB authorities violated the fire services guidelines by allowing the Kolkata Knight Ridders’ management to set up a temporary gallery at the Eden Gardens during yesterday’s (Sunday’s) match,” Chattopadhyay told reporters here.
“I have asked my officials to take action against the CAB authorities,” he said.
He said the temporary gallery at the stadium did not have the fire service department’s sanction.
CAB joint secretary Biswarup Dey, however, said it was not the association’s responsibility to take care of such things.
“CAB was nowhere involved in the whole issue. The KKR management and the PWD (Public Works Department) had detailed discussions before setting up the gallery at the stadium,” he said.
“We don’t seek permission from the state fire service department as the area actually belongs to the army. So we take permission from them. This apart, we also get sanctions from the PWD as they are in charge of the maintenance works and also from the Kolkata police as they look after the security arrangements at the stadium,” Dey said.
- Knight Riders asked to abide by all guidelines at Eden - Mar 16, 2010
- PWD's clearance procedure clumsy: CAB - Oct 12, 2011
- Giant screens across Kolkata for IPL's top draw - May 02, 2012
- CAB apprehensive of losing India-England match again - Oct 13, 2011
- Kolkata police discuss security with IPL stakeholders - Mar 21, 2012
- Bengal cricket on sticky wicket over India-England tie - Oct 13, 2011
- CAB joint secretary surrenders in court, gets bail - Jul 13, 2012
- Court issues arrest warrant against CAB joint secretary - Jul 11, 2012
- Work at Eden speeded up, CAB still hopeful about England tie - Jan 28, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- 'We are ready' says CAB a day ahead of ICC inspection - Feb 06, 2011
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- ICC team inspects Eden, faces black flags (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- CAB accuse ICC of double standards on Eden Gardens - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: army, authorities, cricket association of bengal, eden gardens, fire safety, fire services, kkr, knight ridders, maintenance works, match, norms, pwd public works department, sanction, sanctions, security arrangements, state fire service, west bengal