Abramovich loses over nine billion dollarsFebruary 17th, 2009 - 7:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.17 (ANI): A Russian business magazine Finans has claimed that Chelseas billionaire owner Roman Abramovich’’s total wealth has fallen from 23 billion dollars to 13.9 billion dollars.
Though he still remains second on the list of Russia’’s most wealthy individuals, the combined fortunes of Abramovich and 48 other rich Russians has slid by 69 per cent to 151 billion dollars, mirroring the 67 per cent decline in the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange or Micex Index.
However, Abramovich was still voted “the most interesting billionaire” by Finans readers, winning 49 per cent of the vote.
Chelsea have consistently denied any correlation between Abramovich’’s financial situation and what chief executive Peter Kenyon has described as a “line by line” review of the club’’s business.
However, Chelsea has set a target of becoming financially self-sufficient on an annual basis from July.
The club’’s most recent financial figures, published on Friday, show that Chelsea lost 66 million pounds last year and that Abramovich has ploughed more than 700 million pounds into the club since 2003. (ANI)
- Roman Abramovich buys island for $400 million to showcase his art collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Putin asks Abramovich to 'open his wallet' to help fund 2018 World Cup - Dec 05, 2010
- Vladimir Lisin named richest Russian with $18.8 bn - Feb 15, 2010
- Gazprom inks sponsorship deal with Chelsea - Jul 18, 2012
- Chelsea owner Abramovich's wealth declaration reveals his billions from business - Feb 17, 2011
- Recession notwithstanding, Abramovich worth nearly 11 billion pounds - Feb 16, 2010
- Abramovich personally funding to kick-start Chelsea's signing spree - Jan 30, 2011
- Chelsea manager Villas-Boas gets the sack - Mar 04, 2012
- Roman Abramovich Buys New Holland Island For $400 Million To Set Up Museum - Dec 08, 2010
- Billionaire Russian Capitalist, Roman Abramovich, Acquires An Island Worth $400 Million For Lodging His Famous Art Collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Furious Abramovich asks players to perform or perish - Mar 21, 2010
- Abramovich to spend 80 million pounds to bring 'sexy football' to Chelsea - May 03, 2011
- Chelsea confident of getting Hiddink - May 24, 2011
- Sacking coaches cost Cheslea - Feb 13, 2009
- Roman Abramovich ready to stick with Chelsea manager Ancelotti - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: billion dollars, billionaire owner, business magazine, chief executive, correlation, decline, financial situation, finans, fortunes, interbank, london feb, moscow interbank currency exchange, owner roman abramovich, peter kenyon, russia, russian business, russians, target, vote, wealthy individuals