A C Milan’’s Ancelotti may replace axed ScolariFebruary 10th, 2009 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.10 (ANI): The Chelsea Football Club has said that it is interested in hiring A C Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti to replace axed Brazilian coach Phil Scolari. SunSport understands Ancelotti had already been lined up to take over from Scolari this summer.
The Brazilians abrupt departure yesterday saw owner Roman Abramovich trying to accelerate a deal, but Milan are unlikely to release Ancelotti in mid-season.
The Italian coach turned down the job at Stamford Bridge last summer before it was eventually offered to Scolari.
But an agreement with Milan he would leave at the end of this season had already been brokered and now Chelsea has reopened negotiations. Milan has lined up their former player and ex-Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard to take over at the San Siro for 2009-10. Only Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi can allow Ancelotti to leave before the end of the season.
If that permission is refused, Chelsea may be forced to hire a caretaker until the summer.
Avram Grant, who left the club last May, has been mentioned as a possibility but would be an unpopular choice with the players. (ANI)
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- Ancelotti ready to take over as Chelsea's new coach - Apr 09, 2009
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Di Matteo appointed permanent Chelsea coach - Jun 14, 2012
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Ancelotti to confirm Chelsea take over on May 16 - May 15, 2009
- Lucky to still be in Chelsea job: Ancelotti - Jan 05, 2011
- I don't fear for my Chelsea job, says Ancelotti - Dec 11, 2010
- Chelsea caretaker coach could net 2.5 million pounds for four months work - Feb 11, 2009
- Ancelotti denies he is quitting Chelsea - Nov 23, 2010
- Chelsea FC not dead yet, says coach Ancelotti - Feb 22, 2011
- Ancelotti wants to extend his stay at Chelsea - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: abrupt departure, barcelona, brazilians, caretaker, carlo ancelotti, chelsea football club, coach frank, coach phil, job, london feb, mid season, milan, negotiations, owner roman abramovich, phil scolari, san siro, silvio berlusconi, stamford bridge, sunsport